Map Making Overview
|This page is being considered for cleanup. Please discuss this page.|
Mapping makes up the bulk of the workload of OpenStreetMap, and falls into two stages. First, and most fun, is getting out and about collecting geographic data. There are many ways to do so, for walkers, cyclists and drivers. When you've got some results, you need to add your results to the central OSM database using one of the editors. This is when you get to add paths, roadnames, postboxes - and pretty much anything else you like!
When that's done, you can sit back, relax, and view the results of your work. Or else head back outside, and go map some more!
- Upload - Uploading your GPS tracklogs to the server.
Getting Together to Map
- Current Events - worldwide events list
- Mapping parties, Mapping Weekend Howto, User group - events and how to run them
- Change monitoring - Stay informed what other mappers do in your area of interest.
- Found a bug on some software tool? Add a ticket to the TRAC so developers get the word.