WikiProject Haiti/Tasks and Ideas/CompletedTasks
|WikiProject Haiti||Mapping coordination · New mapper · Status · Earthquake maps data · Imagery · Data sources · Tasks and ideas · Street names · Public transport · Weekly meetings · News · Press mentions · Press info|
- Data integration: Help to remove 34 duplicate Health Facilities from the OSM database. more info...
- Data integration/data quality: Hospitals: There is huge list of medical facilities (hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, etc.) collected by Pan Americal Health Orgaization (PAHO/WHO), see annoucement on talk-ht:
- Please help to import > 1000 health facilities from the PAHO/WHO, divided up into 25 chunks into the OSM database more details ...
- Data integration: Help importing a list of police stations provided by the Pacific Disaster Center. more infos ...
- Completed by Jan Tappenbeck
- Artwork: We're looking for four icons to render PAHO health facilities on OSM maps
- Data import:Help to import radio and tv stations provided by CartONG and International Media Support (IMS).
- Programming: OSM report with cemeteries
- Write a script to transform it in wiki table format. The list will be posted on the OSM wiki (as reference and as work list). - DONE --Jan Tappenbeck 06:15, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
- A page has been set up at the genealogical wiki MyRelate for deeper treatment of cemeteries geolocated on OSM
- Mapping: Map the residential areas of this village. Use imagery from DigitalGlobe, WorldView-2, 2010-01-22.
- Mapped by user rab
- Mapping: Map the residential areas of Bahon. There is an unmapped cemetery in the north of the village. Use imagery from DigitalGlobe, WorldView-2, 2010-01-22.
- Mapped by user rab
- Mapping: Clean up the map of Ranquitte. There are lots of anomalies in the mapped roads. Use imagery from DigitalGlobe, WorldView-2, 2010-01-22.
- Mapped by user rab
- Mapping: Map this unmapped village in the north. Its name is probably BORD DE MER LIMONADE because the medical dispensary identified by the WHO is called DISPENSAIRE BORD DE MER LIMONADE. Use imagery from DigitalGlobe, WorldView-2, 2010-01-22. - DONE look at osm-martix --Jan Tappenbeck 4 February 2010 (UTC)
- Mapping: Map the village of Borgne.
- Map it in JOSM and use imagery from World-View2, DigitalGlobe, 2010-01-18 (updated 2010-01-21)
- Check the secondary road leaving town to the west and crossing the river. This rather looks like a track in the imagery and the ford is probably not where it is mapped now.
- The hospitals location is currently guessed. Can you spot the building which is probably a hospital? The Sahana hospital list includes a second hospital with the same name ~10 km (?) to the south. This should be fixed there.
- Done: looks complete today Gubaer 10:31, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
- Data quality: Check the refugee camps in this list.
- Replace node-level refugee camps by polygons, if possible (size of the polygon will allow to estimate the size of the refugee camp)
- Remove non-existing refugee camps
- Completed on 2010-01-25 Gubaer 00:05, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
- Data qualityRoads from PaP to DR and other big roads to towns. The roads are there, but the mapping quality should be checked/improved:
- Start at the border to DR and move west along the secondary road. Use imagery from World-View2, DigitalGlobe, 2010-01-18 (updated 2010-01-21). But there is large segment between Comendador (at the border) and Mirebalais which is only covered by the low-res imagery provided by DigitalGlobe. -- Comendador town streets and tracks now updated from WorldView-2, DigitalGlobe, 2010-01-21. Now done as far west as Lascahobas. osmapb1 20:24, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
- Fix the tagging of roads in Belladère (the first village after the border). Replace highway=secondary with highway=residential. Adjust and complete the road grid. Remove ways without tags (import failues?). Done. osmapb1 20:24, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
- Along the major road there is a an untagged way (possibly from an import failuere). Split it up piece by piece and delete it. - can't find this, the road looks ok to me osmapb1 13:43, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
- Map any obstracles, interrupted segments, landslides etc. along the way
- Mapping: Check the map in this area. Use WorldBank imagery from 2010-01-23. Look for strange objects and fix them. Example: this tertiary highway in the middle of nowhere is probably a track. And it should be connected to the track in the south, not the river it crosses. Is there a bridge? Adrian working on it; have removed many duplicates, even triplicates osmapb1 23:30, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
- Mapping: Start at the hamlet Plain Galbi at the sea side and trace the missing road leading north. Use NOAA imagery from 2010-01-20. i will do - look at osm-matrix --Jan Tappenbeck 17:56, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
- Done: more or less complete - additional the ways in the mountains by WorldView-2, 2010-01-20 --Jan Tappenbeck 15:43, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
- Mapping: Complete the mapping of the area between Barrière Jeudi (south) and Cajbon (north-east). There are a couple of small unmapped refugee camps (Example: close to the small lake, on the right side - isn't this a camp site?]. The residential areas are not mapped yet, map them and tag them with landuse=residential. The main road national no 4. is well aligned with the imagery from NOAA, 2010-01-24. NOAAs imagery is probably well rectified in this area. Adjust the already mapped roads to the available NOAA imagery, roads are sometimes several meters off. Also, in the hi-res NOAA imagery more small roads (mainly tracks, but also narrow footways which can be tagged with highway=path or highway=footway are cleary visible.
Done by Adrian osmapb1 17:38, 31 January 2010 (UTC) but still not entirely satisfactory. I believe the 'landslide' areas are man-made quarrying with minor slips as the ground has already been destabilised. Note these areas have many well-established vehicle tracks, and some vehicles, within them, and leading to them. No new refugee camps added this time.
- Mapping: The town of Jacmel in the south has already been mapped in three iterations: first based on an old CIA map, which was completely replaced by two mappings based on satellite imagery from DigitalGlobe. Now, the NOAA aerial imagery collected on 2010-01-24 is available for Jacmel and the current map should be improved and checked in another iteration:
- there are dozens of unmapped refugee camps, mainly east and north of the center
- the road network is currently badly aligned. NOAA imagery should be the reference imagery now and the grid should be adujsted to it. Fix the road network and adjust already mapped areas with landuse=residential, natural=xyz, etc.
- the road network is incomplete because part of the former imagery was covered by clouds and/or distorted. Check the road network, in particular in densely populated areas. Are there any missing residential roads or visible paths/footways?
- Adjusted the center of Jacmel, mapped refugee camps in the center. Gubaer 18:14, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
- Area east of Jacmel and south of Avenue Barranquila now looking complete. Added/changed relatively little. osmapb1 17:25, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Area north of Jacmel east of the main river now done. Very little changed/added. osmapb1 21:43, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- North of Jacmel west of the main river also done but not due west of the town which needs work. osmapb1 21:43, 2 February 2010 (UTC)