|latitude: 7.870, longitude: -0.994|
|Browse map of Ghana 7°52′12.00″ N, 0°59′38.40″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Ghana is a country in Africa at latitude 7°52′12.00″ North, longitude 0°59′38.40″ West.
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under OpenStreetMap License.|
Use OpenStreetMap data
- Go to openstreetmap.org and look at the map. From the menu, you can use the export function for basic exporting options.
- Use OSM on your smartphone:
- With http://umap.openstreetmap.fr you can make cool maps.
- Field Papers - Generate maps that can be used for field surveys
- Also MapOSMatic can generate maps
- Geofabrik extracts for Ghana - Raw OSM data and shapefiles
- And much more possibilities
OpenStreetMap in Ghana
- University of Cape Coast
We'd love more coverage of Ghana. Please feel free to get involved!
Many places in Ghana are yet to mapped. Get involved to create a better and detail free map data of Ghana. You can start by mapping areas you have much local knowledge about.
- LearnOSM - Great guide for absolute new mappers
- Getting Involved
- Mapgive Videos
- Beginners’ guide
- Map Features - List of tags to apply to different features on the map
- How to map a...
- Resources for Ramani Huria mapping project.
GPS track logs
- Do not use
- The key:highway type helps indicate the importance of the highway within the road network as a whole, and not its current state of repair or its surface. For the latter, you can use key:surface or key:smoothness. See also Highway Tag Africa. Order of roads (importance):
- Bing aerial imagery
- MapBox Satellite Sometimes only option where there is no Bing coverage
- Map Library has basic administrative boundaries of Ivory Coast, but is completly outdated. In OSM there are yet boundaries of districts and regions who are based on Map Mibrary, but up to date (2014).
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection has various maps. For Ghana see .
- See also Potential Datasources for OSM generally.