|Location sells beer from named brewery.|
|Group: food and beverages|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The brewery=* tag should be given for restaurants, bars, pubs, and similar features for indicating which breweries' beer they have available. This includes all brands of beer that are served / selled, whether on tap (draft beer/draught beer) or sold in the bottle.
- To tag a brewery, use craft=brewery or man_made=works.
- To tag that a place sells beer in general, please use drink:beer=yes
- To tag that a place has its own brewery, please use microbrewery=yes
How to map
If it is selling beer from 2–4 different breweries, you can use a semicolon to seperate them: brewery=<name_of_brewery>;<name_of_brewery>
The value brewery=various should only be used if a very large number of beer brands are offered and this would not justify the effort of listing all brands. As a rule, this is the case with five or more.
If the different special kinds of beer are sold from different breweries, tag like:
A brewpub's beer might be sold only for consumption on the premises, or packaged for retail (off sales), or sold elsewhere as well.
Unlike brewpubs, in a taproom doesn't brew on the premises.
Possible tagging mistakes
- OpenBeerMap: an editable map of the bars with the brewery tag.
- Open Brewery Map A map of microbreweries is available (source code)