|Specifies the type of a door|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The door=* tag allows us to describe the type of door being mapped. The door=* tag would usually be combined with an entrance tag, such as entrance=* for outdoor doors, indoor=door for interior doors, or another tag like amenity=loading_dock, or amenity=parking_entrance. These tags are relevant for wheelchair and indoor routing.
The door=* tag must be placed on the node, which represents the door. Several values allow for distinguishing door types.
|door||yes||A generic door, use this only if you don't know the kind of door or if it doesn't fit in another value.|
|door||hinged||The traditional– mounted with door hinges and a vertical axis of rotation.|
|door||sliding||A, e.g. at an entrance to a shop.|
|door||revolving||A, e.g at an entrance to a shopping centre.|
|door||folding||A– allows smaller footprint.|
|door||trapdoor||A/ a hatch. Flush with the surface of the floor.|
|door||overhead||A door rolling (or swinging) from overhead, mostly a entrance=garage.). Used mainly for vehicles, not humans. (See also|
|door||no||If the door itself is removed or the entrance is simply a hole in the wall, set the value to no.|
|door||user defined||All commonly used values according to Taginfo|
This table is a wiki template with a default description in English. Editable here.
These tags are required:
Some tags are complementary to door=*:
- access=* – Who is allowed to pass this door (yes, no, private, customers, delivery, ...)
- automatic_door=* – Is the door automatic?
- level=* – At which floor this door can be found?
- width=* – The width of the door (useful for wheelchairs)
- height=* – The height of the door
- wheelchair=yes/no/limited – Wheelchair accessibility
- door:wings=* – number of door wings