Jump to navigation Jump to search
|amenity = loading_dock|
|A loading dock is an entrance to a building used for loading and unloading goods vehicles.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag amenity=loading_dock marks the entrance of a building used for loading and unloading goods vehicles.
Most other entrances to buildings are only mapped with the key entrance=*.
How to map
Place a node with the tag amenity=loading_dock at the location of the loading dock on the building's outline .
|door:height=*||The height of the opening when the door is open (see photos below)||Constraints on the load|
|door:width=*||The width of the opening when the door is open|
|dock:height=*||The height of the dock (see photos below). This value can be a range for docks with variable heights||Constraints on the vehicle|
|dock:width=*||This tag is only needed if door:width=* and maxwidth=* do not sufficiently define the dimensional constraints.|
dock:width=* defines the (usable) width of the dock platform, if this is different to the width of the door.
|maxlength=*||The maximum length of a vehicle that can use the dock||Constraints on the vehicle|
|maxheight=*||The maximum height of a vehicle that can use the dock|
|maxwidth=*||The maximum width of a vehicle that can use the dock|
|maxweight=*||The maximum weight of a vehicle that can use the dock|
- ref=* – Describes the number or reference of the loading dock.
- capacity=* – If you map multiple doors with one node, you can use this key to specify the number of doors. If not explicitly tagged, capacity=1 is assumed.
- door=* – Describes what kind of door the loading dock has, e.g. door=overhead or door=sliding.
|Do not use the keys width=*, height=*, or length=* with loading docks, since their meaning is unclear in this context.|
An example of dock:height=0 – The dock is level with the ground, so vehicles need a Tail lift or ramp.
A (rare) example of where dock:width=* is useful, because door:width=* and maxwidth=* do not convey all the constraints.
- door:height=4 (default unit is metres)
- maxwidth=7'3" (other units are allowed)
Possible tagging mistakes
- entrance=* – For building entrances
- Loading zones that are mapped as a property of streets with the street parking scheme (e.g. parking:right:restriction=loading_only – can also be used on separately mapped street parking areas with amenity=parking + parking=* + restriction=loading_only, e.g. on separately mapped street-side parking bays)
- amenity=parking_space + parking_space=delivery – For single parking spaces that are designated for delivery only and are mapped on top of a amenity=parking area ()
- HGV – Other tags related to heavy goods vehicles
- Loading dock on Wikipedia