|Indicates the orientation of the feature with respect to the flow of vehicles or passerby.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The key orientation=* indicates the orientation of the feature with respect to the flow of vehicles or passerby.
Often used on advertising devices tagged with advertising=*, where it gives an indication of the potential impact of the advertising device on the people. Most of the advertising devices are oriented front to the flow, to maximize the impact. Sometimes the orientation is parallel to the flow, and we can find all intermediary orientations. Sometimes the orientation is opposite to the flow. When implemented on crossroad, the orientation is multi-flows.
Also used for street parking where it specifies how parked vehicles are orientated compared to the street (parallel, diagonal or perpendicular).
In context of advertising devices
- orientation=front: the advertising device is oriented front to the flow of vehicles or passerby.
- orientation=medium: the advertising device is oriented with an angle of 45° with the flow of vehicles or passerby.
- orientation=parallel: the advertising device is oriented parallel to the flow of vehicles or passerby.
- orientation=opposite: the advertising device is oriented opposite to the flow of vehicles or passerby.
- orientation=multi: the advertising device is oriented to multiple flows, for example when implemented on a crossroad.
In context of street parking
If the parking spaces along the road are mapped as attributes of the street, use this key with the street parking prefix (e.g. parking:right:orientation=* or parking:both:orientation=*). If the parking spaces are mapped separately (tagged with amenity=parking), just use orientation=* without prefix. Use one of the following values:
Combinations on advertising unit
Combinations on street parking
- highway=* and parking:left=*/parking:right=*/parking:both=* if tagged on the highway line
- amenity=parking and parking=* if mapped separately