|Specifies whether trams stop at a feature|
|Group: Public transport|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag tram=yes/no is used to specify whether trams stop at a feature such as a tram station, halt, or platform. Trams or are one or two carriage rail vehicles, usually sharing a right-of-way with a highway used by motor vehicles for most of the route. It may overlap with light_rail=* in some cases.
This tag was approved for use with public_transport=stop_position only, when proposed at Proposed_features/Public_Transport, however it has also been used with other railway=* and public_transport=* feature tags.
How to Map
- This tag should be used solely within the public_transport=* schema. It should not be used in combination with any railway=* tags.
- Add the tag tram=yes to a feature such as public_transport=stop_position, to specify that trams stop at this feature. This is mainly useful when the same node is shared by a highway=* with a bus.
- Add the tag tram=no to a feature when trams do not stop there, even though they might otherwise be expected to.
Some mappers use public_transport=platform and public_transport=station features in combination with this tag instead of adding the more common tags railway=platform and railway=station, however this tagging was not approved as part of the proposal and is not widely supported by database users.
- The Public_Transport proposal in 2011 approved using tram=yes with public_transport=stop_position on a node on the railway=tram way to show where a tram usually stops at a platform, halt or station, however, database users may also obtain the same information from the railway=tram on the way which the node shares.
- railway=tram_stop - standard tag for marking tram stops
- train=* - specifies whether trains stop at a feature - usually not trams, subway or monorail trains.
- subway=* - specifies whether a subway train stops at a feature
- monorail=* - specifies whether a monorail vehicle stops at a feature
- light_rail=* - specifies whether "light rail" trains or vehicles stop at a feature. Light rail vehicles are similar to trams in some cases - unapproved tag