|tram = yes|
|Specifies that trams stop at a feature|
|Group: Public transport|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag tram=yes is used to specify that trams stop at a feature such as a tram stop or platform. Trams are one or two carriage rail vehicles, usually sharing a right-of-way with a highway used by motor vehicles for most of the route. This tag may overlap with light_rail=* in some cases.
This tag was approved for use with public_transport=stop_position only, when proposed at Proposed_features/Public_Transport, however it has also been used with other railway=* and public_transport=* feature tags.
How to Map
- Add the tag tram=yes to a feature such as a railway=station or public_transport=stop_position, to specify that trams stop at this feature. This is mainly useful when the same node is shared by a railway=* with a tram and a highway=* with a bus, or by two railway=* types such as trams and light_rail or subway.
- Also see the related tag tram=no - used for a feature when trams do not stop there, even though they might otherwise be expected to.
- See also railway=tram_stop that is a standard tag for marking tram stops
Some mappers add this tag to public_transport=platform and public_transport=station features, however this tagging was not approved as part of the proposal and is not widely supported by database users.
- The Public_Transport proposal in 2011 approved using tram=yes with public_transport=stop_position on a node on the railway=tram way to show where a tram usually stops at a platform, halt or station, however, database users may also obtain the same information from the railway=tram on the way which the node shares.
- access=* - general access restrictions - while tram=yes appears to be an access restriction, it is rarely used in this way
- train=* - specifies whether trains stop at a feature - usually not trams, subway or monorail trains.
- subway=* - specifies whether a subway train stops at a feature
- monorail=* - specifies whether a monorail vehicle stops at a feature
- light_rail=* - specifies whether "light rail" trains or vehicles stop at a feature. Light rail vehicles are similar to trams in some cases - unapproved tag