WikiProject New South Wales
Last edit of this page was in May 2013, so much of the following is very dated. Post 2013 access to the LPI data was gained resulting in a vast amount of new map data being entered. Presently, 2017, there remains data on the LPI Base Map that can be entered (tracks, roads, address) and data on the LPI Imagery that can be entered (buildings, road sufaces).
Some work on main regional highways plus beach town main features has been done:
Port Stephens has coast! Nelson Bay area being gradually populated in detail.
- Myall Lakes National Park
- Crowdy Bay National Park
- Port Macquarie
- Nambucca Heads
- Coffs Harbour area Have been surveying and adding to Coffs Harbour for last six months ~80%
- Ballina area
- Byron Bay
- Brunswick Heads, Ocean Shores and Mullumbimby
- Tweed Heads area
Using the Electoral Commission definition of "Northern Tablelands".
- Armidale - Completed Feb, 2008 (vehicle-centric; all GPS surveyed; no foot- or bike-paths yet); rural roads next
- Black Mountain - Just a bookmark for things to come
- Guyra - Much more required
- Uralla - A beginning
- Walcha - Likewise, a bookmark
- Inverell - Most streets added, some need names, need more POIs
- Delungra - Completed, may need a clean up/going over by someone more experienced
- Warialda - Much more needed
- Bingara - Much more needed
Hunter Valley, Upper Hunter and North West Slopes
Much of the Hunter Valley had Nearmap coverage as far north and west as Branxton, although this can no longer be used for mapping. Many major towns have Bing coverage, although beware when Bing alignment is out, or where aerial photos are old.
- Aberdeen Mostly done by survey.
- Cessnock Mostly done (Nearmap was used before the license changeover). Bing coverage.
- Gunnedah Streets mostly (80%) done by survey. No Bing.
- Muswellbrook Mostly done, 2/3 survey. Some cloud cover on Bing in the south, and alignment is out by about 10-15m to the east.
- Quirindi Streets mostly done (80%) by survey. No Bing.
- Scone Mostly done by survey.
- Singleton Survey data provided by Singleton Council (shows as a GPS trace). Most roads done, but street names are needed. Note that Bing alignment is out by about 20m to the southeast in this area.
- Tamworth - Majority of streets are done by survey. Bing alignment is good, but a few years old.
- Werris Creek - Streets mostly (90%) done by survey. No Bing.
The Illawarra region Shellharbour is well developed. Dapto almost done. Starting to make progress in Wollongong southern suburbs. The motorway, trunk and primary roads are complete by survey.
Highway 1 is motorway/trunk as appropriate. The 5 state routes, plus Highway 32 are the primaries.
Work well progressed filling in towns and rural roads in northern Shoalhaven area:
Western New South Wales
The major highways are almost complete, by lending GPS units to any friend going "somewhere". The Western Riverina towns are progressing well with many roads and streets mapped.
Landsat Imagery here is very helpful in tracing roads.