OpenTopoMap is a project aiming at rendering topographic maps from OSM and SRTM data. The map style is similar to some official German topographic maps, such as TK50.
- Worldwide, Zoom to 17.
- Updates every now and then
- symbols of important points (churches, towers, wind energy, important trees,...)
- high contrast, print-friendly
- contour lines and hillshading
- hiking and biking layers (Lonvia's)
- geolocation and search function
- fast permalink – just copy the web address
Points of our interest (that you should map...)
- Power generators
A map key is shown on http://opentopomap.org/about#legende
The complete map style can be found on Github: https://github.com/der-stefan/OpenTopoMap
OpenTopoMap can be used to be embedded into your project. The tiles are available from
Please make sure to stick to the licence CC-BY-SA and always name opentopomap.org. If you plan to use the tiles for bigger projects, please contact us.
OpenTopoMap was also the name of a project set up by User:Crschmidt. It is no longer being served. See the OAM wiki Main Page status for information on the project. The name OpenTopoMap is now used for this project.