Proposal:Alternative energy focused power revamp
|Alternative energy focused power revamp|
|Proposal status:||Draft (under way)|
Incorporate energy storage and conversion systems. Clean-up nuclear power tagging. Add renewable energy details.
- generator:method=fusion mostly originating from in-vote comments in Talk:Proposed_features/Power_generation_refinement#Diverse_generator_tags (although not yet viable, they are already being used in testing and constructed. They could be mapped, perhaps with additional indication there's not net positive power generation)
- generator:source=battery newly added together with generator:method=battery_storage, duplicating each other
Proposed features/Power generation refinement itself has some shortcoming that could be addressed.
- generator:method=fission uses a mix of architecture and systems, in abbreviations
- A mix of generator:type=*_axis and generator:type=*_turbine tagging
Adding on to battery tagging, fuel cells have no tagging either. 1 generator:type=fuel_cell and generator:method=fuel_cell exists, with 16 other single-instance tags of names and other info related to fuel cells.
For solar power, there's no indication of the inclination fixed solar panels are facing, nor the tracking capability for movable ones. No tagging proposed in concentrated solar, be it PV or thermal. ~500 note:generator:type=CPV (concentrator photovoltaic) instances can be found in a spike, possibly added one-off from an import. 2 generator:method=concentrated_solar instances.
Most of the ~1.16M generator:type=* instances are "small" devices of generator:type=solar_photovoltaic_panel (~937k = ~81%), followed by generator:type=horizontal_axis (~193k = ~17%); the two totalling ~1.13M = ~97.4%. The scale of deprecating is not as serious as it seems.
power=plant doesn't use a plant:type=* tagging. Therer was previously reactor_type=*, as mentioned in Proposed_features/Power_generation_refinement#New_approach.
- (generator:mechanism=* to be abandoned in favor of another)
- (Other energy storage to be incorporated)
- generator:mechanism=* the main working "type"
- generator:method=fission neutron energy
- generator:method=fusion confinement
- generator:method=battery electrolyte
- generator:method=fuel_cell electrolyte
- generator:method=hydro and generator:method=tidal
- generator:architecture=* primarily for nuclear
- generator:mechanism=thermal_neutron ("approved" values)
- generator:mechanism=magnetic_confinement ("approved" values)
- generator=* allowed for unspecified detail
- (Concentrated PV vs thermal)
- neutron_moderator=* mainly for generator:mechanism=thermal_neutron
- tilt=* for generator:source=wind and generator:source=tidal, as well as generator:source=solar
- direction=*-* / tilt=0-90 tracking range
- generator:type=* deprecated
- plant:type=* deprecated
- plant:source=battery and generator:source=battery deprecated
- plant:method=battery_storage and generator:method=battery_storage deprecated
https://osmus.slack.com/archives/C2VJAJCS0/p1617072531262700 OSM US Slack question on fuel cells
Please comment on the discussion page.