|Definition:||to allow specifying whatever power line is insulated as an attribute|
|RFC start:||first: 2018-11-03 second: 2018-11-21|
To allow specifying whatever power line is insulated as an optional attribute. This proposal is intended to be as simplest as possible. There is also a more complicated insulation proposal.
Putting such minor detail as fundamental to selecting correct tag has several problematic consequences
- most people are unaware about this difference and will ignore it
- most people are uninterested in this difference and will ignore it
- it is impossible to check whatever power line is insulated based on aerial images
- it is impossible to check whatever power line is insulated during survey without closely approaching power line
Note that some power wires may be coated, without making them insulated. Checking whatever wire is insulated is tricky and mappers should not be forced to do it.
Please comment on the discussion page.
- I approve this proposal. So far I had no comments on this proposal - hopefully any problems will be pointed out now --Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 18:32, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
- I have comments but abstain from voting on this proposal. It's on my fault to didn't notice this proposal earlier. According to IEC 466-01-02, it's ok and I'd rather go for it. Would you mind moving to insulation=* instead of insulated=* as we can use it more widely please? See Proposed_features/Insulation_proposal Fanfouer (talk) 22:51, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. (I just think it were clearer to create Key:insulated instead of Tag:insulated=yes + Tag:insulated=no.) –SelfishSeahorse (talk) 08:11, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Dr Centerline (talk) 02:42, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Michi (talk) 19:51, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
- I have comments but abstain from voting on this proposal. IMHO, Fanfouer is right, insulation would enable more precision when needed --Nospam2005 (talk) 19:57, 20 January 2019 (UTC)