|emergency = mountain_rescue|
|A mountain rescue base for a team providing search and rescue services in mountainous environments.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Astation is the base for a team providing search and rescue services in mountainous environments or general wilderness areas.
Typically it is a structure or other area set aside for storage of rescue vehicles, rescue gear such as stretchers, personal protective equipment, and some medical supplies. Most stations contain garage bays or a covered parking area, and rooms for the team on duty.
The teams are equipped to perform search and rescue on the ground, i.e. access the casualties with 4-wheel-drive vehicles, by walking, climbing and abseiling.
Please note that many teams may cooperate with helicopter services, which might be operated by other organisations, or the mountain rescue association itself.
How to map
This tag is intended for the Station area of Mountain Rescue groups.
It is only to be used for permanent facilities, not temporary locations eg at an emergency site.
Draw an area around the outline of the Station boundary and then add
For individual station buildings, also draw the outline of the building & tag as:
You should also add the name and operator of the Station, if known:
- name=* <name of the base> eg Calder Valley Search & Rescue Team
- operator=* <name of the Operator which controls the Station> eg Mountain Rescue England & Wales (spelt in full)
- wikidata=* tag for the Operator, & also the individual Station, if known
- phone=* phone number of the Station
- website=* website URL of the Station
If you are aware of any Rescue Boxes that are maintained by this Station, consider tagging them as
Possible Tagging Mistakes
Similar or related tags:
- emergency=first_aid_kit A first aid kit is a collection of supplies and equipment that is used to give medical treatment.
- emergency=rescue_box A rescue box is placed in the mountain/wilderness area and contains a stretcher and first-aid material such as splints and bandages.