|highway = speed_camera|
|A fixed road-side or overhead speed camera.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A fixed road-side or overhead speed camera. Consider using the enforcement relation to provide more information about the speed camera.
- This node is located:
- on the highway, next to where the actual speed camera is, or
- at the actual position of the camera next to the highway with an enforcement relation.
The speed restriction can be added using the maxspeed=* entry.
If there is a reference number, you could use ref=* entry.
direction=* can be used to specify the way the the speed camera faces, usually in degrees or sometimes with cardinal directions.
Additional information or more complex setups can be stored in enforcement relation.
Additional conditional combinations
If the device for recording traffic violation is located in a section of a road with time/date related maxspeed definition the Conditional_restrictions tagging scheme could be used.
maxspeed:conditional=30 @ (06:00-22:00)
maxspeed:conditional=50 @ (22:00-06:00)
maxspeed:conditional=30 @ (Mo-Fr 06:00-22:00)
maxspeed:conditional=50 @ (Mo-Fr 00:00-06:00,22:00-24:00, Sa,Su 00:00-24:00)
An icon could be displayed either on the road, or on all affected ways, a little off the road.
A navigation software shall ask during the installation procedure, whether speed cameras shall be included or not. This shall not be changeable without new installation to make sure there is no conflict with the law in countries where the use of dynamic speed cam warning devices are disallowed.
Maps / Services
- Relation:enforcement - speed cameras with direction information
- highway=speed_display - a dynamic electronic sign that displays the speed of the passer-by motorist
- man_made=surveillance - A surveillance camera or other type of surveillance equipment
- Conditional_restrictions - To tag restrictions being dependent on a condition.