Jump to navigation Jump to search
|leisure = disc_golf_course|
|A place to play disc golf|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A disc golf course is a course to play Disc golf, also known as frolf or frisbee golf.
Disc golf is a sport in which players throw a disc at a target; it is played using rules similar to golf, usually played on a course with 9 or 18 "holes". Players complete a hole by throwing a disc from a tee area toward a basket, throwing again from where the previous throw landed, until the disc lands in the basket. Most disc golf courses are built in semi-natural environments, such as the edges of a park or other recreation area.
How to map
If the disc golf course does not have a well-defined area, you can set a node and add leisure=disc_golf_course and name=*.
- disc_golf=hole - The way along the standard playing path from tee area to basket.
- disc_golf=tee - Starting point of a disc golf hole (often with a tee sign explaining the hole's properties/rules).
- disc_golf=basket - Ending point of a disc golf hole (sometimes mapped as disc_golf=pin(?)).
- disc_golf=mando - An object (or line) that must be passed on a specific side. Sometimes used to mark the plane that has to be passed instead.
- disc_golf=out_of_bounds - A line (or area) that must not be touched or crossed with the disc.
- disc_golf=fairway - The playable area(s) of a hole (usually comprising clearings, meadows etc).
- disc_golf=island - Area around the basket that is exclusively in bounds.
- disc_golf=drop_zone - Dedicated location from which players resume playing after making an error such as not correctly passing a mando.