|shop = art|
|A shop which sells works of art.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop which sells works of art. May be paintings, sculpture, or other types of art. The shop primarily sells art products.
Other shops types may have goods with an artistic / stylistic flavour, but if it's primarily practical goods e.g. furniture, kitchenware etc, then we use other tags for that
How to map
Tags used in combination
- operator=* - indicates the operator of name of the company operating this feature
- opening_hours=* - hours of opening
- addr=* - the address
- phone=* - phone number of this feature
- website=* - URL of this feature
- wheelchair=no/yes/limited - suitable for wheelchairs
- tourism=gallery - An art gallery. Art galleries may sell the works, but this is not the primary purpose. The distinction with art shops may be tricky. Many art shops are named as a "gallery" but are clearly still art shops. Sometimes a place may be very much styled as an art gallery, but private galleries which are primarily funded by selling the works to visitors would still be tagged shop=art. Meanwhile a private gallery with a high turnover of visitors and relatively infrequent sales (expensive art!) would count as a tourism=gallery.
- tourism=museum - Other types of museums
- shop=craft - An arts and crafts supply store. Commonly sold items are paper, canvas, paint, pencils, crafting wood, crafting tools, etc.
- shop=furniture - Furniture shop. Even if it's very stylish (impractical?) furniture, you would probably use this tag rather than shop=art, for any shop primarily selling furniture.