Jump to navigation Jump to search
|shop = art
|A shop which sells works of art.
|Rendering in OSM Carto
|Used on these elements
|Status: de facto
|Tools for this tag
A shop that primarily sells works of art, such as paintings or sculptures.
Other shop types may supply artistic works as well, but if their main product are practical goods such as furniture or kitchenware, use another type.
How to map
Tags used in combination
- name=* the name of the shop
- operator=* indicates the name of the company operating the shop
- opening_hours=* hours of opening
- wheelchair=* suitable for wheelchairs
- training=art - if the shop provides art training
- tourism=gallery - An art gallery. Art galleries may sell the works, but this is not the primary purpose. The distinction with art shops may be tricky. Many art shops are named as a "gallery" but are clearly still art shops. Sometimes a place may be very much styled as an art gallery, but private galleries which are primarily funded by selling the works to visitors would still be tagged shop=art. Meanwhile a private gallery with a high turnover of visitors and relatively infrequent sales (expensive art!) would count as a tourism=gallery.
- tourism=museum - Other types of museums
- shop=craft - An arts and crafts supply store. Commonly sold items are paper, canvas, paint, pencils, crafting wood, crafting tools, etc.
- shop=furniture - Furniture shop. Even if it's very stylish (impractical?) furniture, you would probably use this tag rather than shop=art, for any shop primarily selling furniture.