Jump to navigation Jump to search
|shop = deli|
|A delicatessen store|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop selling(fine foods), e.g. cured meat and fish, expensive cheeses and spreads, caviar, nut and olive oils, or luxury confectionery. May also sell fine wine.
United States and Canada
In the United States and Canada, the terms delicatessen and deli refer to a wider variety of shops than in other regions, requiring a few different tags depending on the type of shop:
- A shop that primarily sells gourmet foods is tagged shop=deli. They may also make you a sandwich at the counter, but gourmet foods are the main offering. Alternative names for this kind of shop include fine food store, gourmet food shop, and specialty food store. If they sell a variety of groceries, not just gourmet foods, use shop=convenience instead.
- A shop that primarily makes sandwiches is tagged amenity=fast_food cuisine=sandwich or amenity=restaurant cuisine=sandwich, even if it has a few other items you can purchase on the side.
- A supermarket department or deli counter that slices meats and cheeses on demand is not commonly mapped, because it is assumed that a typical shop=supermarket would have one. However, if you are indoor-mapping the supermarket, tag the deli department as a department=store_section.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- diet:gluten_free=yes/no/only Whether you can buy food without gluten there.
- diet:lactose_free=yes/no/only Whether you can buy food without lactose there.
- shop=greengrocer - A shop which sells fruits and vegetables
- shop=convenience - variety of products. Includes packaged foods. Fewer "fine" foods
- shop=grocery - Store that specializes in selling non-perishable food
- shop=restaurant - Formal eating place with sit-down facilities and full meals.
- shop=farm - Shop at a farm, selling farm produce
- shop=cheese - Shop mainly selling cheese.
- shop=butcher - Shop mainly selling meat (maybe cured meats like at a deli, but more dedicated to meats as the primary product)
- shop=confectionery - Shop selling sweets and candies