|shop = deli|
|A delicatessen store|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop selling(fine foods), e.g. cured meat and fish, expensive cheeses and spreads, caviar, nut and olive oils, or luxury confectionery. May also sell fine wine.
Note that in the USA and Canada, most businesses called "deli" are actually shop=convenience or amenity=restaurant, while a true shop=deli is more likely to be called a "fine foods store" or "gourmet shop."
In Germany: Feinkostladen, e.g. Feinkost Käfer, Butter Lindner, Butterhandlung Holstein.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- diet:gluten_free=yes/no/only Whether you can buy food without gluten there.
- diet:lactose_free=yes/no/only Whether you can buy food without lactose there.
- seafood:sales=* yes/no
- seafood:type=* trout;salmon;tuna;mussel;shrimp...
- drink:wine=* If the deli carries wine
- Note: The "diet:" prefix has been approved by a vote, and is the most common tagging style for other dietary options, but for gluten_free specifically, the variant without the prefix has been used more frequently.