|shop = laundry|
|A shop to wash clothes and bedding, generally self-service and unattended.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop to wash or dry clothes and bedding with larger then normal washing machines and gas powered dryers, that generally operate faster and more environmentally friendly.
Might be self service coin operated, with service staff for drop off. Also known as a "laundromat" or "launderette" or "laundrette".
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- Address tag family can be used to specify an address
- self_service=yes/no (often "coin operated")
- laundry_service=yes/no (staff doing the actual washing)
- dry_cleaning=yes/no (Whether they accept clothes for here. The actual washing may be done elsewhere. Use shop=dry_cleaning if no regular laundry washing facilities are available.)
- Payment tag family can be used to specify how one may pay at this location
- shop=dry_cleaning - A separate tag for a shop which (primarily) offers a dry cleaning service. This is a special cleaning procedure (normally more expensive)
- amenity=lavoir - place for hand washing
amenity=vending_machine + vending=laundryamenity=washing_machine + payment:coins=yes - free-standing washing machine for example in the parking lot.
- on Wikipedia