|shop = seafood|
|A shop selling fish/seafood.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop selling fish/seafood.
This encompasses all edible aquatic animals and plants. It includes fish and fresh water animals (as per the extended "North-American definition" on).
This type of shop is known as a 'fishmonger' and will typically sell a range of freshwater fish and ocean fish, as well as "seafood" items such as squid, octopus, shrimp, lobster, crab, oysters, mussels, clams, etc. The shop=seafood tag will encompass regional variations.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- For establishments selling fish prepared as food. Use amenity=fast_food/amenity=restaurant + cuisine=seafood/cuisine=fish/cuisine=fish_and_chips/... instead.
- For pet fish. Use shop=pet + pet=fish instead.
- For an industrial seafood processing plant see man_made=works.
- For a public seafood marketplace see amenity=marketplace.
- You may describe the details using a namespace such as seafood:*=*