|water = basin|
|An area of land artificially graded to hold water.|
|Group: water management|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
An area of land artificially graded to hold water. Note that this definition includes also structures typically without water. Usually these features are made for man made water courses e.g. storm water, water treatment.
How to map
Draw as an area along the outline of the basin.
and the type of basin:
- basin=infiltration - An catches storm water and allows it to seep into an .
- basin=detention - A catches storm water and allows it to drain slowly into natural waterways.
- basin=retention - A catches storm water and retains it, forming an artificial pond.
- basin=evaporation - A basin used to evaporate water.
- basin=footbath - A basin containing water to clean the feet before entering a swimming pool.
- basin=water_regeneration - A basin with plants for the biological regeneration of water, e.g. at swimming pools.
Tags used in combination
- name=<name of the basin>
- basin=* - refines the type of the basin
- intermittent=yes - If the presence of water is intermittent.
Possible tagging mistakes
- landuse=basin - Synonym for natural=water + water=basin
- landuse=salt_pond - A salt pond, salt evaporation pond or saltern
- natural=water + water=pond - A small body of standing water, man-made in most cases
- natural=water + water=reservoir - An artificial lake which may be used to store water. Usually formed by a dam over a natural water course.
- natural=water + water=lock - A device used for raising and lowering boats, ships and other watercraft between stretches of water of different levels on river and canal waterways
- natural=water + water=wastewater - A clarifier or settling basin of a wastewater treatment plant
- natural=water - Any inland body of water, from natural such as a lake or pond to artificial like a moat or canal
- water=* - Specification of a water body
- leisure=swimming_pool - A man-made swimming pool
- amenity=kneipp_water_cure - A foot bath is a shallow pool, often with handrail.