|water = lake|
|A body of relatively still fresh or salt water which is surrounded by land|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Lake: a body of relatively still fresh or salt water, localized in a basin that is surrounded by land. Artificially created lakes are tagged as water=pond or water=reservoir. Intermittent lakes (which disappear seasonally) should be tagged with intermittent=yes; salt lakes — with salt=yes. Also see water=lagoon for salt water bodies next to the sea and water=oxbow for lakes formed by the meanders of a river.
Forarea tags would be as follows:
- add place=island or if it is very small place=islet
- optional landuse=* can be added. For example, if the island is wooded, add landuse=forest.
- create a relation type=multipolygon
- add the attributes as described above
- add the lake as member outer
- add the island(s) as member inner