Talk:Proposed features/Copy Shop
Discuss Proposed features/Copy Shop here:
I agree that this type of shop should have a tag. However I've noticed that often these services get lumped in with a whole load of other things. Examples:
These kinds of little shops are very common in North London.
Someone else was suggesting shop=communication which might be better as a slightly broader tag. I think I'll add a proposal. Could then add service=photocopy ?
-- Harry Wood 11:09, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
<> reply starts here
- Internet: I guess they sell communication services, Internet Service Providers.
- Phone cards
- Phone calls.
- Upgrades, sounds like a service, but maybe too specific, maybe all of them could be classified as "services related to your personal computer components".
- Computer repairs I think is more related to services.
- Electronic items, services maybe to a Television, or radio.
Photocopying could be seen as a service. In wikipedia Tertiary_sector_of_the_economy I think that photocopying could be seen as sharing information(which some people call "quaternary sector"), thus it could belong in "services".
Maybe service:photocopy=yes/no , along with other yes/no options. (although some could consider that a no, means that it's better to remove the tag.)
Logictheo 07:17,07:37, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
reply ends here <>
Copy shop - tagging it
For me it's ok to tag copy shop with k:copy_shop. Maybe using a value like v:only to state that photocopying is its major service, or v:also as value to show that among other services it also provides photocopying as a service. Logictheo 13:54, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- I've changed my mind, and I post about it elsewhere on this talk page. Logictheo 07:19, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Generic keys for copy-, fax.- and/or phone-service shops
I also often looking for the next copy service, but as it is provided for example by shop=stationary, advertising agentcies, phone shops and even pubs (yesterday found a pub/bar with offered internet access together with fax and copy service) it would be better to use something like:
User:Fabi2 - 15:01, 6 June 2009
- shop=car has a comparable "service" list following the format service=dealer;tyres;repair
- The semi-colon separated values idea is a bit controversial though. It's also mentioned on Key:sport and someone even created an FAQ entry implying you can use semicolons in highway tags. BUT I know the idea is not universally accepted, or supported by any tools. We should seek to align with a standard somehow -- Harry Wood 09:05, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
internet & printing
In Brazil, many of these offer printing of documents as a service, some help with typing of documents such as job applications and CVs, and most have internet_access=* --Skippern 08:00, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Why is this marked as abandoned?
I see this was marked as abandoned, but it is used about 12,000 times. Maybe the proposal should instead be changed to "de facto" or "in use" instead? FredrikLindseth (talk) 11:01, 10 April 2018 (UTC)