|Babel user information
|Users by language
I'm Dan Rasmussen. My homepage is danrasmussen.org and I'm the creator of pdxwifimap.com, where I'm doing my best to educate others about OSM. I enjoy writing an OpenStreetMap diary post from time to time.
My aim with OpenStreetMap is to provide data and tools to people who want to live in a more environmentally sustainable way. I want to enable people to find the closest __X__ rather than go far out of the way. Unless they're bicycling, walking, taking buses, and not driving, in which case they might want to go far out of the way :) My OSM edits, and the other work I do, will reflect that.
- Learn to handle footpaths and cycle paths properly in Potlatch
- Learn to connect stairs to footpaths
- Find a mentor
- Publish the OSMtracker (Android) documents I've been working on
- Find a way to earn money from PDX Wifi Map so I can justify spending time to make it better
- Find any income source related to mapping and my other interests, really..
- Process my backlog of GPS tracks. Yikes!
- (Update, 2012-01-22: sounds like the answer is "yes") If I upload GPS traces as "public", will people besides me work from those, or map editors stick to their own traces?
Resources I like, or have something neat, or plan to investigate further. Largely un-memorizable URLs...
- WHODIDIT: OpenStreetMap Changeset Analyzer
- Open Brewpub Map - One must remember for the name of this just right in order to find it via search.
- OpenStreetMap live edits
- Open Source Routing Machine
- Retro gaming styled maps (found via the Games page:
- OSM Wiki pages: Games are fun! As a kid I really enjoyed the Carmen Sandiego geography-themed computer games. Rendering - wondering how much effort it would take to create a custom render and apply it to pdxwifimap.com
Countries where I have lived
Countries I have visited
Countries I have had airplane layovers in