- For mapping shops selling games of various types, see Tag:shop=games.
Several games have already been built using OpenStreetMap data, enabling the creation of games set in the real world.
Games using OpenStreetMap data
In the game itself
- 911 Operator (Kickstarter Page, on Steam)
- Badge(r)s The friendly game about collecting badges and regions. Using osmdroid and Nominatim.
- BucketMan - coloring your city (Android) - A game similar to PacMan but in the streets of your hometown! Homepage (in progress), Playstore link
- FlightGear - Makes up most world scenery using osm2city.pyMore data such as roads since version 3.0.
- Gbanga - mixed reality social gaming
- GPS Mission
- JOSM/Plugins/WMS Racer - A game as a JOSM plugin!
- LearnYouACity - teach yourself where streets in your city are
- Leitstellenspiel (browser based game, also available in English language via http://www.missionchief.com )
- DE:LstSim is a browser based simulation game in German language. See also: Simulators
Map of the Dead (iPhone)- Previously used OSM, then used Google Maps and shut down due to API pricing.
- Master City (Android)
- Monopoly City Streets
- Next Land (on Indiegogo funding page (& video))
- Pokémon Go
- State Of The Map 2012 site has a mini game
- SuperTuxKart - Map importing based on osm2world
- Train Lord
- World of the living dead - Resurrection (screenshot with some OSM) - browser based zombie game (now shut down)
- Zombie Tower Defense - A tower defense game played on maps of anywhere in the world!
- freewebcar_chung - A free 3D openstreetmap car / foot / flight sim game
For services around the games
- Badge(r)s Using Nominatim reverse lookup to divide the world into playing areas.
- Battlefield 4 use custom maps via MapBox - "leaderboards allow players to compete within their geographic regions. The maps are tailored to the look and feel of the game"
Game map converters
- Cities:Skylines - OSM import
- Minecraft - At least one person has generated blocky 3D minecraft maps from OSM data
- WikiProject Catalan/OpenStreetMap The Boardgame - a board game version of OpenStreetMap! (under development)
- Les plus grande cathedrales de France board game - Memory game using cathedral building footprints data. Was a featured image
Game development tools
OSM-based game development tools by game engine:
Retro gaming-styled maps
Not actual game data converters, but styles inspired by games:
- 8bitcity.com - Zelda style
- Warcraft II style - Demo of Cartagen. Read more on the original 2009 blog.