- For mapping shops selling games of various types, see Tag:shop=games.
Several games have already been built using OpenStreetMap data, enabling the creation of games set in the real world.
Games using OpenStreetMap data
In the game itself
- 112 Operator successor of 911 Operator, now with 3D Models
- 911 Emergency Manager - released in 2020
- 911 Operator (Kickstarter Page, on Steam) - released in 2017
- A/B Street
- Back Of Your Hand, a game to test your local knowledge by asking you to identify five streets in an area of your choice.
- Badge(r)s The friendly game about collecting badges and regions. Using osmdroid and Nominatim.
- Blackout Age F2P, geo-localized survival game about fighting aliens and solving the mystery of their invasion
- BucketMan - coloring your city (Android) - A game similar to PacMan but in the streets of your hometown! Homepage (in progress)
- Combat Air Patrol 2: Military Flight Simulator - released in 2016
- Draconius Go ("3D")
- Five Nights at Freddie's AR: Special Delivery
- FlightGear - Makes up most world 3D scenery using osm2city.pyMore data such as roads since version 3.0.
- freewebcar_chung - A free 3D openstreetmap car / foot / flight sim game
- Gbanga - mixed reality social gaming
- Generation Streets (3D)
- Globat Pixels - a pixelated open-world game
geodart GPS Mission
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite ("3D")
- Infection Free Zone - Survival/city builder: choose a place in the world to defend from zombies using footprints and semantic tags from OSM.
- Ingress ("3D")
- JOSM/Plugins/WMS Racer - A game as a JOSM plugin!
- LearnYouACity - teach yourself where streets in your city are
- Leitstellenspiel (browser based game, also available in English language via http://www.missionchief.com )
- DE:LstSim is a browser based simulation game in German language. See also: Simulators
Map of the Dead (iPhone)- Previously used OSM, then used Google Maps and shut down due to API pricing. Master City(Android)
- Minecraft Earth  (3D)
- Monopoly City Streets
- Next Land (3D) (on Indiegogo funding page (& video))
- NIMBY Rails
- Orna ("3D")
- Pokémon Go (simple 3D)
- State Of The Map 2012 site has a mini game
- Train Lord
- TrezzureHunt (iOS)
World of the living dead - Resurrection(screenshot with some OSM) - browser based zombie game (now shut down)
- X-Plane (3D scenarios)
- Zombie Tower Defense - A tower defense game played on maps of anywhere in the world!
For services around the games
- Badge(r)s Using Nominatim reverse lookup to divide the world into playing areas.
- Battlefield 4 use custom maps via MapBox - "leaderboards allow players to compete within their geographic regions. The maps are tailored to the look and feel of the game"
Game map converters
- Cities:Skylines - OSM import (3D)
- Minecraft - At least one person has generated blocky 3D minecraft maps from OSM data (3D)
- SuperTuxKart - Map importing based on osm2world (3D)
- The Golf Club 2019 - Allows you to create your own golf course and play it in the video game. Using the mapped data from OpenStreetMap greatly improves the accuracy of the course re-creations. These course re-creations can then be used in golf simulators. Some editors mistag to get the look they want in the game (see descriptive page), this is highly discouraged; it isn't necessary to upload this data to the main map when it can just be downloaded from iD as a .osm instead of uploading it, and added to the game manually. (3D)
- WikiProject Catalan/OpenStreetMap The Boardgame - a board game version of OpenStreetMap! (under development)
- Les plus grande cathedrales de France board game - Memory game using cathedral building footprints data. Was a featured image
- Scotland Yard - digital version of the board game Scotland Yard using OpenStreetMap data to build up individual game plans.
Personal goal tracking
These services compare GPS traces you've collected via a service like Strava to the street network in OpenStreetMap so you can track and share how much of a city you've visited. These services depend on OSM to have accurate highway classification and boundaries.
- CityStrides – run every street in a city
- Every Street Challenge – plan a route for every street in a city
- StreetFerret – run every street in a city
- Wandrer – bike every street in a city
Game development tools
OSM-based game development tools by game engine:
Retro gaming-styled maps
Not actual game data converters, but styles inspired by games:
- 8bitcity.com - Zelda style
- Warcraft II style - Demo of Cartagen. Read more on the original 2009 blog.
- GSoC Project Ideas 2011#OSM 4 games a modularized exporter for different game genres
- OSM Worms: Worms crawling along the roads and eating cars. They grow longer and longer. They are slower on smaller roads.
- OSM Packman: Fight the ghosts in your own neighborhoods roads and ways Blog
- OSMgo a Pokemon-clone (mutated to a 3D viewer)