- For mapping shops selling games of various types, see Tag:shop=games.
Several games have already been built using OpenStreetMap data, enabling the creation of games set in the real world.
Games using OpenStreetMap data
In the game itself
- 911 Operator (Kickstarter Page, on Steam)
- Badge(r)s The friendly game about collecting badges and regions. Using osmdroid and Nominatim.
- BucketMan - coloring your city (Android) - A game similar to PacMan but in the streets of your hometown! Homepage (in progress), Playstore link
- FlightGear - Makes up most world scenery using osm2city.pyMore data such as roads since version 3.0.
- Gbanga - mixed reality social gaming
- Globat Pixels - a pixelated open-world game
- GPS Mission
- JOSM/Plugins/WMS Racer - A game as a JOSM plugin!
- LearnYouACity - teach yourself where streets in your city are
- Leitstellenspiel (browser based game, also available in English language via http://www.missionchief.com )
- DE:LstSim is a browser based simulation game in German language. See also: Simulators
Map of the Dead (iPhone)- Previously used OSM, then used Google Maps and shut down due to API pricing.
- Master City (Android)
- Monopoly City Streets
- Next Land (on Indiegogo funding page (& video))
- Pokémon Go
- State Of The Map 2012 site has a mini game
- SuperTuxKart - Map importing based on osm2world
- The Golf Club 2019 Allows you to create your own golf course and play it in the video game. Using the mapped data from OpenStreetMap greatly improves the accuracy of the course re-creations. These course re-creations can then be used in golf simulators.
- Train Lord
- World of the living dead - Resurrection (screenshot with some OSM) - browser based zombie game (now shut down)
- Zombie Tower Defense - A tower defense game played on maps of anywhere in the world!
- freewebcar_chung - A free 3D openstreetmap car / foot / flight sim game
For services around the games
- Badge(r)s Using Nominatim reverse lookup to divide the world into playing areas.
- Battlefield 4 use custom maps via MapBox - "leaderboards allow players to compete within their geographic regions. The maps are tailored to the look and feel of the game"
Game map converters
- Cities:Skylines - OSM import
- Minecraft - At least one person has generated blocky 3D minecraft maps from OSM data
- WikiProject Catalan/OpenStreetMap The Boardgame - a board game version of OpenStreetMap! (under development)
- Les plus grande cathedrales de France board game - Memory game using cathedral building footprints data. Was a featured image
Game development tools
OSM-based game development tools by game engine:
Retro gaming-styled maps
Not actual game data converters, but styles inspired by games:
- 8bitcity.com - Zelda style
- Warcraft II style - Demo of Cartagen. Read more on the original 2009 blog.