|This article is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring.|
This page gives some tips to help map the craft breweries in France.
There are a large number of craft breweries in France but few are listed on OSM.
How to map ?
The signs to know if it is necessary to put a node or a path can be of various kinds:
- If the brewery covers the whole building, the tags can be added directly on the shape of building, which is itself an area .
- If the brewery only occupies a small part of the building, only a node containing the tags describing the brewery is added.
Proposed Tagging Scheme
If the brewery has more than one production site, the following must be added: operator=*
- craft=brewery + product=beer + organic=only + shop=alcohol
- An artisanal brewery that brews only with organic products and sells on site.
A microbrewery (brewpub) is a pub or restaurant that practices brewing but whose brewing activity is not its main activity.
To add contact data, please refer to the associated wiki page: Key:contact.
Opening Hours, Happy Hours
It is also possible to fill in the happy hours in the same way with the tag happy_hours=*.
Hops, malt and barley production
If the brewery grows its own hops, you can indicate this with the tag produce=hop.
If the brewery grows its own barley, you can report it with the tag produce=barley.
And finally if the brewery produces its own malt, you can put the tag product=malt.
|Do not confuse the tag produce and product. Elements tagged with product=* are elements transformed by human beings (such as beer or malt) while elements tagged with produce=* are not (such as hops).|
These tags can obviously be cumulated if needed:
- craft=brewery + produce=hop;barley + product=beer;malt
- (for an artisanal brewery that will grow barley, hops and produce its own malt).
If the brewery offers tours, you can add the tag tourism=attraction.
Brewery supply vendor
If the brewery offers brewing equipment for sale, you can add the tag shop=brewing_supplies.
Methods for checking existing data (QA)
Check if the brewery still exists
Check places with the duplicate tag microbrewery=yes and craft=brewery
|1||Fix microbrewery tag on craft breweries (France)|
|2||Fix breweries without name (France)|
- Relaunch the Proposed features/Beer details tag project.
- Consider the possibility of referencing the styles available in a brewery based on BJCP guidelines.
- Addition of the places of distribution of the beers of a brewery with the key brewery=*.
- To indicate in which form the beer is available, it is possible to use the tag drink=*.