In trying to Print OpenStreetMap with Gnuplot, what arguments should I use with proj in order to get a conic Euro-centric projection with center longitude 20 degrees east of Greenwich and covering Tunisia to Nordkap? Something like this is what I want to accomplish. As a comparison, this map is centered around 15 E and this one doesn't span as far north and south as I want. You can see that all three are conic projections, because the longitudes are straight lines pointing towards the north pole. I guess 50 degrees north should be the very center of the map. --LA2 19:57, 10 Jul 2006 (UTC)
Category:Way Direction Dependant
I've seen that you recently created this new category. I just wanted to point you to my suggestion I wrote in the Talk:Map_Features bottom. Like you, I think it is important to make very visible that some tags are "way sensitive" and reversing the order of nodes could break some rules (coastline, oneway, roundabout) and editors should treat those tags in a particular way. My idea was more to show it in the most viewed page Map_Features. Any feedback would be appreciated. Pieren 14:50, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
- Well sure, but I don't see why you can't have both. Categories are a lot easier to handle than manualy updating data. Erik Johansson
Hi Emj, even if "the others do all the work" I wanted to drop in and say hi. :-) Firefishy just set the admin flag for User:Uboot and me. So it should be a bit easier to get some things tidied up in the German namespace. But of course I'm also available to help with other stuff in other languages. --Avatar 07:15, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for your help, I've done the modification. The french for lighthouse is "phare".
But one thing doesn't work : the french page FR:Phare don't show correctly the languages available.
If you know how to repair that, can you do it ?
Thanks again ! Selenium134 19:42, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
Forming Wiki Team
what do you think about this idea? http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Wiki#Forming_a_Wiki_Team
Potlatch 2 bug reporting
I noticed in Recent Changes that you'd added to the Potlatch 2 bugs page. I thought I should warn you that Potlatch_2/Bugs#Bugs suggests that new bugs should be filed in trac rather than added to the wiki page. It is possible someone will notice it though and add it to trac for you (not me I'm afraid as I'm about to dash out and will have forgotten before my return). Best wishes. --EdLoach 09:09, 23 March 2011 (UTC)
Doc templates on redirect pages
this edit "Addings docs to see if tagwatch is effected.". Did this experiment work? Does it help TagWatch as intended?
It's quite unconventional to have stuff on redirect pages. I'm noticing it creates some confusing effects on "what links here" listings e.g. Special:WhatLinksHere/Way. Maybe not the end of the world, but just wondering if this template is needed on there.
-- Harry Wood 23:25, 21 December 2011 (UTC)
- I should have said "taginfo" and yes it seems like it works. Erik Johansson 23:04, 27 December 2011 (UTC)
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/addr%3Ahousename which doesn't have a description
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/addr%3Ahousenumber which have a descrition.
- Btw thanks for reminding me about this Erik Johansson 23:06, 27 December 2011 (UTC)
Cleaning up the wiki
You might like to check your geography as you marked a map of Dunfermline as being in England. Oops! England is about 2-3 hours drive to the south of Dunfermline. :-) --Colin Angus Mackay 14:58, 23 Apr 2006 (UTC)
- Well you changed it, that's great. I've actually never heard of Dunfermline, I knew someone would catch any mistakes I did on the geography of your islands.. ;-) Cheers and thanks for correcting me.. About the England/Scotland/UK it's a mess for me, I know I can call Sweden, Norway and Denmark Scandinavia but not what to call all of your Islands.. Sad isn't it.. Erik Johansson 16:58, 23 Apr 2006 (UTC)
Inactive admin users
Hi Emj. How's things?
You haven't been very active on the wiki lately, and there's been some discussion of removing inactive admins on the wiki. We haven't developed a process around this (and I hope to avoid doing so in great detail) but I'll probably go ahead and remove admin permissions on the least active people. At the moment this includes you! But I'd also think it would be reasonable to re-add past admins on request too. But let me know what you think. ...If you reply on here I guess you'll be active again :-)