|aerialway = cable_car|
|A cable car run. Aerial tramways that are just one pair of big cars that go in alternating directions|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
A cable car run. Cable cars are aerial tramways that are just one pair of big cars that go in alternating directions to each other from A to B (Usually Valley to Hill or Mountain). This is just one classification among several cable/wire based lifts/transportation types listed under Key:aerialway. See also WikiProject Piste Maps
How to map
Draw a way along the route of the cable, and set this aerialway=cable_car tag on this way.
Tags to use in combination
- aerialway:occupancy=* - number of people in each car
- aerialway:capacity=* - number of people per hour
- aerialway:duration=* - time for journey on lift from one station to the next via this way
- aerialway:bicycle=yes - if bicycles are transported
- aerialway:heating=yes - if there is a heating
aerialway=gondola - Very similar, but this tag applies to cable car lifts where there are more than two cars (typically several going up and several going down) arranged on the cable. Confusingly the word "gondola" can be used to describe the cars of a two-car cable car lift, but this tag means more than two cars.
aerialway=* - Other classifications of cable/wire based lifts/transportation types