Featured images/Apr-Jun 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gallery of featured images, from April to June 2016
Week 14 (from Monday 4 April 2016 to Sunday 10 April 2016) [Edit]
- English : Argentina has some curious street layouts. In the city of Puerto Madryn there is a suburb with concentric circular streets and in El Calafate a suburb (Solo Terra) whose streets form a treble clef!
Week 15 (from Monday 11 April 2016 to Sunday 17 April 2016) [Edit]
- English : India has 22 languages and one of the powerful features of OpenStreetMap is that we can map places and feature names in more than one language. User PlaneMad has created a view of this data. A multilingual map of India. Read more on his diary entry.
Week 16 (from Monday 18 April 2016 to Sunday 24 April 2016) [Edit]
- English : Heatmap of addresses across Epworth, in Harare Province, Zimbabwe. An example of planning and reporting efforts needed to create or improve Missing Maps in Africa.
Week 17 (from Monday 25 April 2016 to Sunday 1 May 2016) [Edit]
- English : Colombian mapper Fredy Rivera likes to take his 4x4 and map mountain trails for OpenStreetMap. With such stunning scenery in the Andes, who can blame him?! Fredy was featured in this mapper in the spotlight blog post.
Week 18 (from Monday 2 May 2016 to Sunday 8 May 2016) [Edit]
- English : Students at MediaLab UIO in Ecuador mapping in response to the recent earthquake, using the OSM Tasking Manager to coordinate with mappers around the world. Read more on their blog (in Spanish) and on the 2016 Ecuador earthquake page.
Week 19 (from Monday 9 May 2016 to Sunday 15 May 2016) [Edit]
- English : The new OSM Analytics tool showing progress with mapping buildings in Haiti, by comparing on a timeline, and with a visual side-by-side map slider.
Week 20 (from Monday 16 May 2016 to Sunday 22 May 2016) [Edit]
- English : Web developers learning about mapping at this developer focused mapping workshop organized by Kathmandu Living Labs in Nepal.
Week 21 (from Monday 23 May 2016 to Sunday 29 May 2016) [Edit]
- English : Nama Budhathoki of Kathmandu Living Labs describing the 2015 Nepal earthquake mapping response at Understanding Risk conference in Venice (session info).
Week 22 (from Monday 30 May 2016 to Sunday 5 June 2016) [Edit]
Week 23 (from Monday 6 June 2016 to Sunday 12 June 2016) [Edit]
- English : Students and Teachers in Kyrgyzstan creating detailed maps of their villages. Read more on the HOT blog.
Week 24 (from Monday 13 June 2016 to Sunday 19 June 2016) [Edit]
- English : Members of Swiss OSM (SOSM) shared a stand at Geosummit in Bern. Demonstrations included "Map on a Stick" and a variety of printed maps based on OSM. Swiss Federal Councillor & Minister for Defence and Sports, Guy Parmelin, is discussing the mapping of his home town of Bursins with prof. Stefan Keller (HSR, Rapperswil).
Week 25 (from Monday 20 June 2016 to Sunday 26 June 2016) [Edit]
- English : A bus map produced with OpenStreetMap, is now being used and enjoyed by the people of Managua, Nicaragua. This article tells the story.
Week 26 (from Monday 27 June 2016 to Sunday 3 July 2016) [Edit]
- English : Presented at OSMit2016, this moving 3D model by OpenDot Lab is the latest way to visualise OpenStreetMap stats! Watch a video here.