Featured images/Jan-Mar 2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gallery of featured images, from January to March 2017
Week 1 (from Monday 2 January 2017 to Sunday 8 January 2017) [Edit]
- English : The Mable is a map table, an experimental product featuring OpenStreetMap streets laser-etched into a table top design.
Week 2 (from Monday 9 January 2017 to Sunday 15 January 2017) [Edit]
- English : Pic4Carto helps to find useful street-level photos as a source for OpenStreetMap mapping. It shows a grid with the number of open licensed photos to be found in an area.
Week 3 (from Monday 16 January 2017 to Sunday 22 January 2017) [Edit]
- English : An OpenStreetMap jacket on show at a “Who makes the map” exhibition at the German Museum of Technology.
Week 4 (from Monday 23 January 2017 to Sunday 29 January 2017) [Edit]
- English : OSMvis is a collection of visualizations related to OpenStreetMap. Top: Most frequent words in the OSM Wiki. Left: Daily amount of new nodes. Right: Number of new users per day. See more visualizations at http://projects.mocnik-science.net/osm-vis/.
Week 5 (from Monday 30 January 2017 to Sunday 5 February 2017) [Edit]
- English : A colourful map from ateljekartan.com. A variety of interesting colour choices are available there to use for ordering poster prints.
(but can you spot the mistake in this image?)
Week 6 (from Monday 6 February 2017 to Sunday 12 February 2017) [Edit]
- English : High school students in Bagamoyo, Tanzania, being taught how to gather data and input add to OpenStreetMap, by the Ramani Huria team. Read more on the ramanihuria.org blog.
Week 7 (from Monday 13 February 2017 to Sunday 19 February 2017) [Edit]
- English : OSMLanduse.org highlights OpenStreetMap's rich landuse/landcover data. The strikingly colourful map shows how our wide range of landcover tags can be broadly classified and analysed.
Week 8 (from Monday 20 February 2017 to Sunday 26 February 2017) [Edit]
- English : OSM Mapathon at OpenLabs Albania, a hackerspace in the city of Tirana that are organizing a lot of activities related to OpenStreetMap, Wikipedia and FLOSS. In that mapathon they used FieldPapers.
Week 9 (from Monday 27 February 2017 to Sunday 5 March 2017) [Edit]
- English : Lauri Vanhala took OpenStreetMap buildings in Helsinki, analysed the location of jobs and travel times from every building, and produced this map to help decide the best place to live. Browse the full map and read more on this blog.
Week 10 (from Monday 6 March 2017 to Sunday 12 March 2017) [Edit]
- English : Discussing river area mapping, and Notes at the OpenStreetMap Taipei meet-up. Regular events are listed on the OpenStreetMap Taiwan facebook group.
Week 11 (from Monday 13 March 2017 to Sunday 19 March 2017) [Edit]
- English : March 4th was OpenDataDay and people all over the world organized small events to talk about and produce Open Data. In a lot of places we had OpenStreetMap activities, like mapping parties, mapathons and talks. Here you can see events in Xalapa (Mexico), Cotonou (Benin), Porto (Portugal) and Brasília (Brazil).
Week 12 (from Monday 20 March 2017 to Sunday 26 March 2017) [Edit]
- English : The Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards (NOAH) coordinated a series of mapping sessions in the last 12 months that improved the map of Philippines. This data will be used in improving disaster management before, during, and after emergencies. Read more on the NOAH blog.
Week 13 (from Monday 27 March 2017 to Sunday 2 April 2017) [Edit]
- English : FOSSGIS 2017, the German OpenStreetMap and open source GIS conference, took place last week in Passau.