Featured images/Oct-Dec 2016
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Gallery of featured images, from October to December 2016
Week 40 (from Monday 3 October 2016 to Sunday 9 October 2016) [Edit]
- English : Opening session at State of the Map Asia 2016 in Manila, Philippines last weekend.
Week 41 (from Monday 10 October 2016 to Sunday 16 October 2016) [Edit]
- English : Marco Barbieri presented his cartographic work at OSMit last year, producing these attractive web maps (webmapp.it) and printable tourist maps of Monte Pisano, as well as organising mapping parties in this part of Italy.
Week 42 (from Monday 17 October 2016 to Sunday 23 October 2016) [Edit]
- English : The public transport service STAR in Rennes Metropole, France, uses OpenStreetMap on their information boards.
Week 43 (from Monday 24 October 2016 to Sunday 30 October 2016) [Edit]
- English : A beautiful image showing all the rivers, lakes, creeks and wetlands of Colombia by Omar Pineda.
Week 44 (from Monday 31 October 2016 to Sunday 6 November 2016) [Edit]
- English : This mapathon in Valencia, Spain, was one of many worldwide disaster response mapping events taking place in response to Hurricane Matthew.
Week 45 (from Monday 7 November 2016 to Sunday 13 November 2016) [Edit]
- English : The WikiData project has an eclectic mix of linked datasets and provides a querying interface which can yield a map. This example by Jason Evans shows positions of 19th century Aberystwyth ships wrecked at sea, using data from National Library of Wales and the Ceredigion Archives.
Week 46 (from Monday 14 November 2016 to Sunday 20 November 2016) [Edit]
- English : Interchange Choreography by Nicholas Rougeux, is an artistic exploration of major road intersections "Applying colors to roads and using connecting roads to blend those colors".
Week 47 (from Monday 21 November 2016 to Sunday 27 November 2016) [Edit]
- English : Take open data from OpenStreetMap and have it turned into a stylish and unique pendant on meshu.io!
Week 48 (from Monday 28 November 2016 to Sunday 4 December 2016) [Edit]
- English : Many people have been classifying imagery in a new super-simple micro-tasking app called MapSwipe. This image illustrates a process developed by DisasterMappers Heidelberg for taking MapSwipe results (left) and setting up a Task Manager project to map the settlements (right).
Week 49 (from Monday 5 December 2016 to Sunday 11 December 2016) [Edit]
- English : State of the Map Latam 2016, the conference for Latin America, took place last week in São Paulo.
Week 50 (from Monday 12 December 2016 to Sunday 18 December 2016) [Edit]
- English : Local volunteers trained by the American Red Cross have mapped 7,000 villages in the border regions of Liberia, Guinea, and Sierra Leone. A total of 70,000 kilometres of roads and paths, including this example, Forécariah in Guinea.
Week 51 (from Monday 19 December 2016 to Sunday 25 December 2016) [Edit]
- English : These stripped down maps elegantly characterise world cities by highlighting the shape of water features. They were created by Alex Szabo-Haslam and recently featured in a guardian cities quiz. How many do you recognise?
Week 52 (from Monday 26 December 2016 to Sunday 1 January 2017) [Edit]
- English : A poster about how to make a U-turn at Hamamatsu highway service area, made by the Shizuoka prefecture, Japan.