Featured images/Oct-Dec 2017
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Gallery of featured images, from October to December 2017
Week 40 (from Monday 2 October 2017 to Sunday 8 October 2017) [Edit]
- English : An automatically generated spectrum of urban development patterns for around 1 million cities, towns and villages across the planet. Image from Vahid Moosavi's paper “Urban morphology meets deep learning” (PDF).
Week 41 (from Monday 9 October 2017 to Sunday 15 October 2017) [Edit]
- English : Different OSM communities across Asia came together at the State of the Map Asia 2017 conference that took place in Kathmandu, Nepal from September 23 to 24th.
Week 42 (from Monday 16 October 2017 to Sunday 22 October 2017) [Edit]
- English : The PRODEPA state agency created an online map of the city of Belém, State of Pará, Brazil, showing the location of a dozen of processions, and of points of interest, temporary medical facilities and blocked streets, for the “Círio de Nazaré” religious festival, gathering more than 2 million people during 2 weeks in October 2017.
Week 43 (from Monday 23 October 2017 to Sunday 29 October 2017) [Edit]
Week 44 (from Monday 30 October 2017 to Sunday 5 November 2017) [Edit]
- English : is creating a series of images merging OpenStreetMap data on top of Landsat satellite imagery. This image shows Kharkiv, Ukraine, during the autumn. You can see other works of Gontsa on his Instagram page.
Week 45 (from Monday 6 November 2017 to Sunday 12 November 2017) [Edit]
- English : An award given to the (Swiss) OpenStreetMap longterm contributors, presented at the DINAcon 2017 conference in Bern on digital sustainability.
Week 46 (from Monday 13 November 2017 to Sunday 19 November 2017) [Edit]
- English : A map made by Stolen Ride shows every London cycle parking location mapped on OpenStreetMap and an optional layer of police data with the places of reported stolen bikes.
Week 47 (from Monday 20 November 2017 to Sunday 26 November 2017) [Edit]
- English : December 2017 will see two State of the Map conferences in African countries! 1st-3rd, SotM Cameroon will be held in Yaoundé, and 8th-9th SotM Tanzania is in Dar es Salaam.
Week 48 (from Monday 27 November 2017 to Sunday 3 December 2017) [Edit]
- English : The town hall of Ribeirão Grande, Brazil, put in the town entrance a map based on OpenStreetMap data, and a big QR code (containing the string
geo:-24.09498,-48.36436?z=19, an URI for representing its geographic location, based on the standard scheme proposed in RFC 5870).
Week 49 (from Monday 4 December 2017 to Sunday 10 December 2017) [Edit]
- English : Missing Maps data being used in a flood preparedness mission in Malawi, by the Malawi Red Cross Society and the Netherlands Red Cross. Information (building=*) on building quality and materials is added to OpenStreetMap to facilitate an efficient future aid response.
Week 50 (from Monday 11 December 2017 to Sunday 17 December 2017) [Edit]
- English : Richard Folly visiting Fatima Alher and the OSMGirls, a multilingual mapping group of young African women (based in Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, France, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo and Uganda).
Week 51 (from Monday 18 December 2017 to Sunday 24 December 2017) [Edit]
- English : Regular mapping event “Mapping Yangon” at Phandeeyar Myanmar Innovation Lab added on OpenStreetMap the street names, health centers and public locations of Dala township, Yangon region, Myanmar.
Week 52 (from Monday 25 December 2017 to Sunday 31 December 2017) [Edit]
- English : No image was featured for that past week.