Featured images/Oct-Dec 2018
Gallery of featured images, from October to December 2018
Week 40 (from Monday 1 October 2018 to Sunday 7 October 2018) [Edit]
- English : State of the Map Latam 2018 took place in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It was the 4th edition of that regional conference that gathers together the OpenStreetMap community of all Latin America
Week 41 (from Monday 8 October 2018 to Sunday 14 October 2018) [Edit]
- English : State Of The Map U.S. 2018 took place last weekend in Detroit
Week 42 (from Monday 15 October 2018 to Sunday 21 October 2018) [Edit]
- English : The gloriously detailed mapping of the Herrenhausen Gardens in Hannover, Germany, shown here within JOSM editor, with the Mapillary plugin showing the view on the ground.
Week 43 (from Monday 22 October 2018 to Sunday 28 October 2018) [Edit]
- English : The Karlsruhe Hack Weekend October 2018 took place last weekend. A get-together of folks doing technical work on OpenStreetMap
Week 44 (from Monday 29 October 2018 to Sunday 4 November 2018) [Edit]
- English : Teachers from Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Romania and Germany met in Saarburg, Germany for week-long training session in humanitarian mapping and a first hackathon, to kick off a two year Erasmus+ project
Week 45 (from Monday 5 November 2018 to Sunday 11 November 2018) [Edit]
- English : Mappers in Chiang Mai, Thailand, sometimes meet at the Shewe Cafe, which can serve you an OpenStreetMap cappuccino!
Week 46 (from Monday 12 November 2018 to Sunday 18 November 2018) [Edit]
- English : The city of Pristina in Kosovo, has adopted OpenStreetMap for their tourism maps, including this leaftlet. Read more on Stereo's diary
Week 47 (from Monday 19 November 2018 to Sunday 25 November 2018) [Edit]
- English : State of the Map Asia 2018 last weekend brought together mapping enthusiasts in Bangalore from countries across the globe, for two days of interesting sessions and workshops.
Week 48 (from Monday 26 November 2018 to Sunday 2 December 2018) [Edit]
- English : Last week geocaching enthusiasts in Ljubljana were introduced to OpenStreetMap editing at a meetup held in the Ljubljana Rudnik volunteer fire brigade center.
Week 49 (from Monday 3 December 2018 to Sunday 9 December 2018) [Edit]
- English : Bence Mélykúti blogged about Santa's Christmas delivery route and the fun he had with OpenStreetMap data for Germany and Hungary.
Week 50 (from Monday 10 December 2018 to Sunday 16 December 2018) [Edit]
- English : In the October 2018 issue of National Geographic Slovenija OpenStreetMap was used to illustrate the article about Šalek lakes.
Week 51 (from Monday 17 December 2018 to Sunday 23 December 2018) [Edit]
- English : Last week, MAMAPA organized a mapathon at Ideenw3rk -- a workspace inside the beautifully-renovated city Public Library -- in Ludwigshafen, Germany. Working in tandem, immigrants and locals mapped features together, while simultaneously practicing their German.
Week 52 (from Monday 24 December 2018 to Sunday 30 December 2018) [Edit]
- English : Ito World produced another spectacular Christmas animation, showing delivery routes over the OpenStreetMap road network for every address in the UK, for SNT logistics to deliver presents! (This is fictional. In fact Santa delivers presents by sleigh)