Finland Corine 2006 Import
Major problem on January 2012
Corine Land Cover import has done only partially in Finland. Corine Land Cover has been updated between 25°-31° longitude and 60°-63° latitude.
Let's import rest of the Corine 2006 Land Cover data to OSM!
- Using Corine Land Cover 2006 seamless vector data - version 13. Version 15 data layers have some coordinate transformation problems.
- Conversion from source coordinate system (ETRS_1989_LAEA_52N_10E EPSG:3035) to EPSG:4326 with ogr2ogr (version 1.8.0)
- Combine different layers (see table below) to one single layer
- Split layers to 0.5 degree rectangles
- Compare current OSM data and Corine data. Filter out polygons which overlap existing polygons. <under a construction>
- Convert data to OSM format with modified polyshp2osm.py
- Load OSM-files to OSM database bulk_upload -script
- Manually edit border lines and also Corine polygons which are automatically filtered<need guideline for this>
<TBD> clc:code clc:id note source: created by: area
Corine Land Cover classes
This is still under a construction!
|CLC code||CLC Name||OSM tag||Notes|
|131||Corine Mineral extraction site||landuse=quarry|
|211||Corine Non-irrigated arable land||landuse=farm|
|243||Corine Land principally occupied by agriculture||landuse=farm|
|311||Corine Broad-leaved forest||natural=wood + wood=deciduous||Should perhaps use landuse=forest instead|
|312||Corine Coniferous forest||natural=wood + wood=coniferous||Should perhaps use landuse=forest instead|
|313||Corine Mixed forest||natural=wood + wood=mixed||Should perhaps use landuse=forest instead|
|321||Corine Natural grasslands||natural=grassland|
|322||Corine Moors and heathland||natural=heath|
|324||Corine Transitional woodland shrub||natural=scrub + wood=mixed|
|331||Corine Beaches, dunes, sands||natural=beach|
|332||Corine Bare rocks||natural=rock|
|333||Corine Sparsely vegetated areas||natural=scrub|
|411||Corine Inland marshes||natural=wetland|
|412||Corine Peat Bogs||natural=wetland||First download named this as "Beat Bogs"|
Process hold on April 2012. Maybe we should re-start it (April 2013)