London Hack Weekend May 2009
Things we achieved
Website internationalization was the big one. User:Smsm1 has been working on this for a while, but it all came together for the weekend, and a bunch of people beavered away on applying the mechanism across many of the rails views. It was finally deployed late on the Sunday before heading to the pub!
Ideas for things we had planned to hack on
- Search. Improving the user experience around search, speed, non-blocking ajaxy results.
- Monitoring and rollback - now we have the API, where are the tools?
- API improvements. May as well start considering 0.7...
- Advanced multipolygons - do we need area types? How well are they supported?
- Turn restrictions - getting them into more routing programs
- non-mainstream editors - mobile etc
- rewrite Potlatch in AS3. For
everyone's sanityTEH WINS!!1!
- GPX API - maybe even planet.gpx?
- i18n_2 - let's get that sucker sorted
- Metric for amount of data in a given area
- LastGrape/Gregory may take a break from revision and join in via IRC/Skype.
- Harry Wood
- Richard on Saturday
- pchilds coming to find out whats going on
- John07 joined the i18n work via IRC and worked mainly on the German translation
- Ivansanchez wouldn't mind sharing some thoughts on the API via IRC/Skype
- JennyH on Sunday
- randomjunk Saturday
- edit the page to add your name here