They are using OpenStreetMap
(Redirected from Snapchat)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page attempts to list some sites around the internet that use OSM already and which don't fit in the categories under List of OSM based Services.
- Main article: Collaboration with Wikipedia
Open any Wikipedia page about geographical object like river or city to see it in action.
- Main article: Research
- Main article: Games
Only as slippy map
- Crawl web to see who is using leaflet http://leafletjs.com/, OpenLayers, Mapbox_GL or another widget based on OpenStreetMap data and post new links below
- This page will be enormous (for ex.: if there is a hotel with leaflet at their site and OpenStreetMap we have to add it here) booking.com says they have 781K hotels
- This is why we should only list one representative site per notable company or web portal
- FCC National Broadband Map of the US
- Buenos Aires interactive map, using data from OSM for Greater Buenos Aires.
- UrbaSig, geographical information of Buenos Aires province with lots of layers, using OSM data as background.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) contact us page has a map of the offices
- Cobb Commute, Cobb County, Georgia's road status and traffic speed information service, as well as inclement weather road conditions when that tab is activated by the county DOT. Available with both a desktop and mobile version.
- Virginia 511 Web road and traffic status
- Vets.gov Facility Locator
- Georgia 511 website road and traffic status
- https://terkep.torokbalint.hu/ various maps managed by the Hungarian town Törökbálint
- http://tajertektar.hu/ catalog of local/country level heritage values
- https://www.ksh.hu/apps/hntr.main Hungarian Central Statistical Office
- https://www.utdij.hu/e-matrica/terkepek/ official site of toll road collection in Hungary
- http://szelessav.e-epites.hu/ broadband Internet access penetration
- Nomis Official Labour Market Statistics from the UK's Office for National Statistics. Slippy map with layer showing electoral or parish boundaries, or built-up areas. Example.
- The Met Office (the UK's national weather service). Their forecast maps use tiles from OpenMapTiles, which are based upon OSM data.
- European Union:
- https://mapas.museosabiertos.org/museos/caba, Museums in Buenos Aires
- http://u.osmfr.org/m/254749/, Museums in Argentina
- http://u.osmfr.org/m/322229/, Obra del Arq. Francisco Salamone
- Apple (inclusion in iPhoto, Apple data contribution repository on GitHub), also used in the map shown when using find my Mac/iPhone
- Microsoft Bing Maps (higher zoom levels mention "(c) 2020 HERE, (c) 2020 OpenStreetMap", but it is not clear which part comes from OSM)
- ESRI products
- Foursquare 
- Facebook seems to attribute OpenStreetMap along with HERE and Mapbox, so it is not clear which parts are coming from which source 
- Tripadvisor 
Photo and video services
- Flickr Flickr uses OSM maps for some parts of the world, eg Beijing and Baghdad.
Public transport journey planners
Public transport monitoring services
- Россия, Ярославль 
- Россия, Рязань 
- Россия, Владимир 
- Россия, Саратов 
- Россия, Южно-Сахалинск 
- Россия, Хабаровск 
- Россия, Тюмень 
- The German Regional public transport association Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund offers OSM-based maps as an alternative in the maps of route/connection search.
- https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/ Public Transport Victoria - uses Mapbox for their Journey Planner
- OSRM-powered route planner: https://www.DriveBestWay.com
- Uber - Main map for locating drivers and setting points
Activity tracking software
- Craigslist - when specifying the rough location of items for sale, or searching by location
- https://www.tripadvisor.com/ in their mobile apps for iOS and Android and on their website
- Tourespaña - Spanish Tourism National Organization
- Mapillary street level photographs of the world
- https://refill-deutschland.de/en/map/ drinking_water=yes, but inside offices or shops
- Россия, Томская область http://map.investintomsk.com/client
- sourcemap.com where things come from
- aprs.fi APRS (Automatic Packet Reporting System, Wikipedia: )
- Map showing connections by a radio amateur
- m.ox, the mobile version of the Oxford University website. Example: Oxford Union.
- localwiki allows users to make wikis for their communities
- NA Motorsports Track Directory is slowly migrating its track maps to OpenStreetMap. Example: Palmer Motorsports Park.
- Piaware offers Mapnik as the base layer.
- Weather.com - Displays the location - example
- WRAL Weather
- http://www.foldrenges.hu/ seismological monitoring stations and quake charting
Service / Business
- Nike Grid Run
- JoinJack - Echtzeitportal für Kultur, Events und Verkehr
- Ihr Kaufpark, supermarkts in Germany
- JournalMap is a scientific journal search service to find articles based on the location where the research was conducted.
- Down Detector
- Samsung's Find My Mobile service allows the user to switch from HERE maps (the default) to OpenStreetMap.
- Snapchat - Snap Map uses OpenStreetMap - but it is lacking proper attribution
- Small Pet Select - Upon completion of checkout, shows a map of the ship-to address - OSM map hosted by Mapbox
- Heirloom Market BBQ - Location map for the restaurant uses OSM map hosted by Mapbox
- WebMD's physician locator service uses OSM to show a map when getting directions to a doctor ("Internet Brands" is credited for OSM data)
- OpenEventMap Create and share private and public events..
- Films and TV series
- List of OSM-based services
- Lacking proper attribution
- OpenStreetMap in the media
- WikiProject Hungary/OSM felhasználások
- http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=22690 - "They are using OpenStreetMap" topic at Russian forum, обработал до 5 страницы
- https://github.com/OSMIran/Copyright-Compliance - A list for monitoring OSM copyright compliance in Iran