State of the Map 2017
State Of The Map 2017 took place 18–20 August 2017 in Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima Prefecture, Tohoku Region, Japan.
Thanks for coming!
Thank you to our wonderful Japanese hosts and the rest of the SOTM organising committee.
Session video is already posted to Youtube in unedited form so far.
You can keep up with what's been happening in Japan with...
Session details and videos
The conference website includes the full program of sessions with links to details. This is also now includes videos of the sessions. Most presentations and lightning talks were recorded.
Breakout sessions also took place outside of the pre-arranged program.
A big thank you to everyone who participated in our call for session proposals (closed 2nd April), and provided feedback in the community survey (closed 23rd April). This helped us create this amazing program for 2017.
About 240 people attended. The attendee list wasn't published but if you'd like to list yourself on the wiki attendees page, feel free.
Blog write ups
- blog.openstreetmap.org - Thanks to the SOTM organisers
- Mapillary blog - State of the Map 2017: An Evolving Map Ecosystem
- Write-ups by SotM2017 scholars
- mingo23's diary - My experience at SotM 2017
- Open Labs hackerspace in Albania
Venue: Aizu-Wakamatsu City Culture Center
The Aizu-Wakamatsu City Culture Center is located here on the map (Address 14-52, Jotomachi)
Checkout the winning hosting bid for more information about Aizu-Wakamatsu, and the venue building.
Information for travellers
Welcome to Aizu-Wakamatsu!
Travelling to Japan from abroad? Check out our travel advice. (We'll keep this and the following info on this page for a little longer)
- Fuji Grand Hotel was available at a discounted rate to conference attendees.
- Here are some other possible accommodations (at their standard rates) near the venue:
- Hotel Takakoh
- Hotel New Palace
- Century Hotel