Jump to navigation Jump to search
|amenity = waste_basket|
|A single small container for depositing garbage that is easily accessible for pedestrians.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Group: waste processing|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A waste basket is a single small container for depositing garbage that is easily accessible for pedestrians.
It can also be called a rubbish bin, litter bin, trash can, or garbage can.
How to map
- waste=* to specify the kind of waste the bin is intended for. Useful for specific waste collectors like old drugs.
- waste=cigarettes If it's a bin for the disposal of cigarettes and their ash only (ashtray).
- drive_through=yes to indicate waste baskets where trash can be thrown in from a vehicle (car, bicycle). These are fairly widespread in the Netherlands and are known as blikvangers. Denmark seems to have a similar concept; other countries unknown.
- amenity=waste_disposal - A medium size disposal bin, typically for bagged up household or industrial waste. May be in the street, but not primarily for use by passing pedestrians.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=container: A container that accepts waste for recycling.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=centre: A centre/facility that accepts waste for recycling.
- amenity=waste_transfer_station: A location that accepts, consolidates and transfers waste in bulk, usually from government or commercial collections.
- landuse=landfill: A site for the disposal of waste materials by burial.
- bin=yes: to indicate that a facility contains a bin like e.g. Tag:vending=excrement bags
- Waste Processing - Page describing all tags related to waste management.