|amenity = ice_cream|
|A place that sells ice cream and frozen yoghurt over the counter.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Ice cream shop or ice cream parlour. A place that sells ice cream and frozen yoghurt over the counter.
Ice cream may be sold in two varieties in these stores: soft-serve ice cream (normally with just chocolate, vanilla, and "twist", a mix of the two), and hard-packed, which has an assortment of flavours, as well as frozen yoghurt, which is a low-fat alternative and tastes slightly different from ice cream. Ice cream and frozen yoghurt are sold in ice cream cones, sundaes, and milkshakes. Some parlours may also sell gelato, ice cream cakes, and ice cream bars at these places. In addition to ice cream and frozen yoghurt, ice cream parlours may even sell a variety of hot foods.
See also: on Wikipedia
How to Map
Current state of affairs
There is disagreement on whether amenity=ice_cream should be used or whether shop=ice_cream should be used. The meaning of both tags are about the same (the difference being amenity=ice_cream for some reason may be used for frozen yogurts too).
- Proposed features/Ice cream - original proposal for amenity=ice_cream
- amenity=cafe + cuisine=ice_cream - Ice cafe, a restaurant that sells ice-cream sundaes, ice bombs, cakes, coffee and other food, snacks and drinks.
- amenity=vending_machine + vending=ice_cream - ice cream vending machine
- ice_cream=yes - is used to indicate if a restaurant or shop sells ice cream among other products.
- shop=ice_cream - For places selling ice cream to take home.