|highway = toll_gantry|
|A tag on a node to denote a transponder or camera gantry that exists for the purpose of electronically collecting tolls.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A toll gantry is a gantry suspended over a way, usually a motorway, as part of a system of electronic toll collection. The gantry must have no physical barrier and allow cars to drive through it unimpeded, though some might require the driver to slow down. For toll collection that involves either a physical barrier or a toll collection booth please refer to barrier=toll_booth. In some cases the system might be appended to a bridge, in which case please refer to the below How to Map section.
How to Map
Place a node on the way where the physical gantry crosses over the road and add the tag highway=toll_gantry. For a toll collection system appended to an existing bridge, add the node as close to the physical location of the system without adding the node to any ways on the bridge. Then add the tag highway=toll_gantry. The way that the node is placed on must also be tagged with toll=yes on any applicable road segments.
This should not be used in the case of the German toll enforcement gantries. For such cases, please refer to the enforcement relation page. More info can be found on the barrier=toll_booth page here and the Wikipedia article Toll Collect.
In the case of multiple gantry structures functioning as one unit only a single node is necessary, see the below picture.
- man_made=gantry - Road portal
- barrier=toll_booth - A place where a road usage toll or fee is collected.
- toll=* - Toll roads charge money for some or all traffic.
- highway=* - The highway tag is the primary tag used for any kind of street or way.
- https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:enforcement#Tags A different system used for enforcing that a toll is paid is referenced here.