|landcover = greenery|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
For any area covered with greenery (a variety of plants, possibly including grass, herbs, shrubs (bushes), flowers, and small trees), regardless of it being on a roundabout, along a street or in a park/garden, etc.
This tag has been used for vegetation that is hard to classify, either because its kind or because its diversity. Unfortunately, this does not provide clear information about the kind of vegetation or the use of the land.
Consider using one of these more specific and more common tags instead, if possible:
- leisure=garden - A place where flowers and other plants are grown in a decorative and structured manner. Also used for small gardens (aka front or back yards).
- leisure=park - A park, usually urban (municipal) - recreational area often planted with areas of mown grass lawn, flowers, shrubs and trees.
- natural=wood - areas mainly covered by trees.
- natural=tree_row - a line of trees, often along a road or as a border between two areas.
- natural=scrub - areas mainly covered by shrubs (bushes)
- barrier=hedge - a line of closely-spaced shrubs or small trees which serves as a visual screen or physical barrier, or mark the boundary of an area.
- natural=heath - areas mainly covered by drawf shrubs (short bushes)
- natural=grassland - areas covered by grasses, sedges and mixed herbaceous (non-woody) plants
- landuse=meadow - meadow or pasture: land primarily vegetated by grass and other non-woody plants, mainly used for hay or grazing.
- landuse=grass - other small areas of grass, usually mown and managed (for example lawns, grass roundabouts, etc.)
Some examples of areas tagged as greenery :