|Indicates whether a feature is lit.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The key lit=* indicates the presence of lighting.
Most often used on a way tagged with highway=* but sensible on many other ways, too. Can be used as well on advertising devices tagged with advertising=*, and in that case the way it is lit can be provided through proposed key lit:type=*.
- lit=24/7: Both night and day; e.g. in tunnels.
- lit=yes: At night (unknown time schedule or daylight detection)
- lit=automatic: When someone enters the way the lights are turned on.
- Template:Tag:lit: From sunset to sunrise
- lit=no: There are no lights installed
- lit=operating times: Use the schema of opening_hours to document when the light is ON, when the lighting is solely or primarily time dependent. For example lit=Mo-Fr 05:00-07:45 for a way lit for working days' morning rush hour only.
- lit_by_gaslight=yes: For streets lit by gas lighting.
The way the feature is lit can be indicated through the proposed key lit:type=*.
lit=* can be used on nodes, ways, areas or relations.
Combinations on ways
Combinations on advertisings
Combinations on nodes
- soccer stadiums
- Parking lots
- Bus or tram stops
- Advertising devices
- ITO Map Highway lighting map layer.
- light map worldwide overlay rendering of lit=* and highway=street_lamp
- Unlit ways (Lit=no)edit
- Lit ways (Lit=yes)edit
- See lit keys shown as an overlay on this Toolserver map.
- Map evaluating lit tag (can also be used as QA-Tool)
- www.mapcontrib.xyz with MapContrib
- http://osmstreetlight.bplaced.net from ubahnverleih (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap)
Possible tagging mistakes
There are quite a lot of variations in lit-tagging, some commonly used not-listed values are: