|man_made = dyke|
|An embankment built to restrict the flow of water or other liquids|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
An embankment built to restrict the flow of water or other liquids. Also known as a levee.
How to map?
- Draw a way along the dike. This is often seen on aerial photographs at the transition between sun and shade.
- Tag this with man_made=dyke
- If the dike has a name, you can add this with name=*.
- man_made=embankment - Raised bank which carries a road, rail or waterway
- waterway=dam - A wall built across a river cross-flow direction
- man_made=breakwater - breakwater is a structure surrounded by water
See Proposed features/Dyke (abandoned)