Jump to navigation Jump to search
|man_made = dyke|
|An embankment built to restrict the flow of water or other liquids|
|Group: Man made|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
An embankment built to restrict the flow of water or other liquids. Also known as a levee.
How to map
Draw a way along the top of the dike. This is often seen on aerial photographs at the transition between sun and shade. Tag this with man_made=dyke. Optionally, if the dike has a name, you can add this with name=*.
If there is a road/path or railway on top of the dyke, draw the highway or railway and use embankment=dyke instead.
For closable openings in the dyke, for example for a road or railway, see the tag barrier=coupure. The opening can be closed with for example a door, metal bars or sand(bags)
- man_made=embankment - Raised bank which often carries a road, rail or waterway
- embankment=yes - A generic value for embankments
- embankment=dyke - To be used if there is a highway or road on top of the dyke. Use this instead of man_made=dyke
- waterway=dam - A wall built across a river cross-flow direction
- man_made=breakwater - breakwater is a structure surrounded by water
- Proposed features/Dyke (abandoned)