|man_made = monitoring_station|
|A station that monitors something.|
|Group: Man made|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
There is a large variety of monitoring stations. Examples of environmental monitoring stations include weather stations, stream gauges that check water levels in rivers, tide gauges that check sea level, noise monitoring, and air quality monitoring. Monitoring stations are also used to calibrate signals from global navigation satellite systems.
This tag doesn't refer to objects used to "monitor" - that means intercept, eavesdrop or wiretap - any communication infrastructure. See Proposed_features/Intelligence for these.
Define what is monitored:
- monitoring:water_level=* -- Site used to monitor the non-tidal water levels in rivers, streams and lakes.
- monitoring:tide_gauge=* -- Site used to monitor the tide level of the sea.
- monitoring:water_temperature=* -- Site used to monitor the temperature of the sea, rivers, streams or lakes.
- monitoring:water_velocity=* -- Site used to monitor the speed of flowing water.
- monitoring:groundwater=* -- Site used to monitor groundwater parameters.
- monitoring:weather=* -- Site used to monitor the weather.
- monitoring:radiation=* -- Site used to monitor the .
- monitoring:air_quality=* -- Site used to monitor air quality due to man made pollution or natural pollen levels.
- monitoring:noise=* -- Site used to monitor noise levels.
- monitoring:traffic=* -- Site used to monitor traffic.
- monitoring:bicycle=* -- Site used to monitor bicycle traffic, e.g counting number of bicycle passing trough a cycleway every day/week/month
- monitoring:seismic_activity=* -- Site used to monitor seismic activity.
- monitoring:meteoric_activity=* -- Site used to monitor meteoric activity.
- monitoring:gps=* -- Site used to monitor signals from the GPS satellite cluster.
- monitoring:glonass=* -- Site used to monitor signals from the GLONASS satellite cluster.
- monitoring:*=* -- feel also free to use other tags since there are a lot of other things to monitor like temperature, height and density of snow, speed of glaciers and so on. (see taginfo)
No defaults are defined here since depending on the type of station, the operator and the things monitored it is impossible to define an always correct default value.
- operator=company name or similar - Сompany, corporation, person or any other entity who is directly in charge of the current operation of a map object
- name=* - The primary name: in general, the most prominent signposted name or the most common name in the local language(s).
- ref=* - Used for reference numbers or codes. Common for roads, highway exits, routes, etc
- url=* - Specifying an url related to a feature.
- website=* - Specifying the link to the official website for a feature.
- wikipedia=* - Provides a link to Wikipedia's article about the feature
- International GPS Station Tracking Network -- GPS/GLONASS monitoring stations world wide
- MMS: Multi-Network Metadata System -- Weather stations world wide
- OGC Sensor Observation Service -- A protocol for reading data from sensors and creating sensor networks
- aeroway=windsock - An object that shows wind direction and speed.
- man_made=observatory - Area that can contain several monitoring stations
- amenity=clock - A publicly visible clock
- Proposed features/monitoring_station - approved proposal of this feature
- Proposed features/Street cabinet - proposal to unify several other types of technical cabinets commonly found in streets (may overlap with some monitoring stations)
- Mechanical edit proposal for converting measurement station to monitoring station