|office = company
|An office of a private company.
|Rendering in OSM Carto
|Used on these elements
|Status: de facto
|Tools for this tag
This tag is used for the office of a private company which does not fit into another more specific category.
This tag is typically the most fitting one for internal offices, where clients can not just walk in.
For subtypes see the office=* key overview.
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - the name of the office
- brand=* - the brand this office belongs to
- operator=* - indicates the operator or name of the company operating the office
- addresses - the address of the office
- opening_hours=* - hours when the office is open
- phone=* - phone number of the office
- website=* - website of the office
- email=* - email address of the office
- wheelchair=no/yes/limited - whether the office is suitable for wheelchairs
Detail tagging what a company does
Some are tagging what a company does by using company=*. The following are found in taginfo.
|The office of an factory, for governmental institutions governmentindustry company. For production use
|The office of a company that constructs buildings
|The office of a company that provides expert advice. Probably better to specify the expertise.
|The office of a company that distributes products/produce. See also transportation.
|The office of an insurance company. For an office where you can buy insurance, use office=insurance.
|The office of a company that produces information. Probably better to specify the media. For advertising use office=advertising_agency
|The office of a company that publishes books/magazines For newspapers use office=newspaper .
|The office of a company that provides security services.
|The office of a company that develops software. A shop=* would handle sales.
|The office of a company that can provide startup expertise to a new firm/product.
|The office of a company that connects temporary employees with employers.
|The office of a company that provides transportation services.
|The office of a company that assist in obtaining visas.
There is no reason to use this tag as there are more established tags for all of them, most often these are found in office=*. The following list shows some examples:
- company=*shop - instead use shop=* - offices do not sell physical items.
- company=yes - Do not use. Adds no information, simply leave the tag off.