From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|route = bicycle|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Cycle routes or bicycle route are named or numbered or otherwise signed routes. May go along roads, trails or dedicated cycle paths.
How to map?
- type=route mandatory
- route=bicycle mandatory
- network=* mandatory
- ref=* - Short Description the route (3 to 5 characters)
- name=* - Description the route
- operator=* - operator
- distance=* - The distance covered by a route in km
- ascent=* - The ascent covered by a route in meters. If a route has start and end point at different altitude use descent=* too.
- descent=* - The descent covered by a route in meters. Use it only if it differs from the ascent=*.
- roundtrip=yes - Indicate that the start and finish of the route are at the same location (circular route).
|(blank)||The ways making up the route.|
|forward/backward||If a route should be followed in only one direction for some or all of its length, the "role" can indicate this for some or all of the constituent ways. "forward" means the route follows this way only in the direction of the way, and "backward" means the route runs only against the direction of the way. Rendered on the cycle map (example).|
- rcn_ref=* - The reference point for a regional cycle route.