|route = bicycle|
|Cycle routes or bicycle route are named or numbered or otherwise signed routes. May go along roads, trails or dedicated cycle paths.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Cycle routes or bicycle route are named or numbered or otherwise signed routes. They may go along roads, trails or dedicated cycle paths.
How to map?
- type=route mandatory
- route=bicycle mandatory
- network=* mandatory
- ref=* - Short description of the route (3 to 5 characters)
- name=* - Description of the route
- operator=* - operator
- distance=* - The distance covered by a route in km
- ascent=* - The ascent covered by a route in metres (meters). If a route has start and end points at different altitude, use descent=* too.
- descent=* - The descent covered by a route in metres (meters). Use it only if it differs from the ascent=*.
- roundtrip=yes - Indicate that the start and finish of the route are at the same location (circular route).
- signed_direction=yes - The route is to be cycled in only one direction, according to the signposts on the ground. This is more common with network=lcn routes. The ways within the relation should be ordered, as they are used to determine the direction of the signposts.
|(blank)||The ways making up the route.|
|forward/backward||If a route should be followed in only one direction for some or all of its length, the "role" can indicate this for some or all of the constituent ways. "forward" means the route follows this way only in the direction of the way, and "backward" means the route runs only against the direction of the way. Rendered on the cycle map (example).|
- rcn_ref=* - The reference point for a regional cycle route.