|shop = tool_hire|
|A shop hiring out tools|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Tool hire shops rent out a range of tools for building work, garden and household maintenance. Typical products rented may include heavy duty hand and power tools, floor sanders, brush cutters, rotovators etc. Their target customers are both non-professionals working on home improvements, and professionals requiring specific tools for one-off jobs.
Examples of tool hire stores: HSS Tool Hire, Hire Station (UK), ... tba
How to map
Tags used in combination
- operator=* indicates the name of the company operating the shop
- opening_hours=* hours of opening
- wheelchair=* suitable for wheelchairs
- brand=* if the store is branded with a well-known brand. Not necessary if the name is identical to the brand.
- product=* use if the store offers a restricted product range compared with normal or is a specialist in one type of product
Not explicitly rendered other than a generic shop.
- shop=doityourself - many tool hire shops have been tagged with this value
- shop=plant_hire - usually for heavier duty equipment than covered by plant hire, and with a largely professional customer base. Some operators will run both plant and tool hire
- shop=equipment_hire - a completely generic tag which although infrequently used covers a very broad range of equiement.