- One side of the quay being a body of water and the other a piece of land, orientation looks evident to me with no need for extra convention... Or am I missing cases where it might be useful ? --liotier (talk) 13:17, 6 May 2016 (UTC)
Depth tidal variation
What about other properties for a quay? I suggest:
- low_tide_depth=* for the minimum water depth next to the quay, on low tide.
- low_tide_height=* for the maximum height from water to quay edge, on low tide.
- tide_difference=* Self explanatory? Is there better jargon for this?
- Seems unnecessary to me - quays, fairways and any other kind of seabed areas are only defined by their depths relative to chart datums. It would be more reasonable to tag tidal range on a body of water adjacent to shoreline - if at all needed. --VileGecko (talk) 06:50, 25 January 2021 (UTC)
Just wondering about the rendering (on OSM) of lines and areas tagged as "quay". So far I dont see any visual distinguish between a quay and a regular coastline. I also think a name of the quay should be visible. How do we suggest a change on how these are rendered? --Ascaaear (talk) 16:05, 7 May 2017 (UTC)